Assessment of day one

Options
blsgrl68
blsgrl68 Posts: 2 Member
Wow! What an eye-opener that was to see how much fat I've been eating on just a regular day. I had a salad for supper, though, that's a first for this go-round. Unfortunately I made the choice to douse it in 3X too much dressing, and used regular fat cheese on it. For lunch I erroneously chose fries and a fried chicken cutlet for my sandwich. A better choice would be to have grilled chicken instead and skip the fries! Replace those with pretty much ANYTHING else, but maybe squash instead next time.
I didn't "start a diet" I became aware there are better choices to be made from now on.

Replies

• roxybabe2010
    roxybabe2010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also did my first day yesterday and surprised how much sugar there is in basic things
  • Jojo1378
    Jojo1378 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I've come to realize, I can still eat out occassionally with the family, I just need to make better selections and watch my portion sizes. Before I'd just order without thinking and then eat it all.

I'm trying to make healthier choices, one day at a time. Good luck to you too. 😊
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Best thing I ever did was buy a food scale!! Talk about eye openers!!

It really isn't about "dieting", and all about choices.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    It is eye opening - its just a matter of making better choices, cutting calories from here and there and voila - weight loss happens :smile:

All the best.
  • OddDitty
    OddDitty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    blsgrl68 wrote: »
    Wow! What an eye-opener that was to see how much fat I've been eating on just a regular day. I had a salad for supper, though, that's a first for this go-round. Unfortunately I made the choice to douse it in 3X too much dressing, and used regular fat cheese on it. For lunch I erroneously chose fries and a fried chicken cutlet for my sandwich. A better choice would be to have grilled chicken instead and skip the fries! Replace those with pretty much ANYTHING else, but maybe squash instead next time.
    I didn't "start a diet" I became aware there are better choices to be made from now on.

Boy have you got that right! Fat in processed foods especially.

Due to illness I am sodium restricted and lemme tell you...even in unprocessed foods there's sodium and it can be eye opening just how much there is naturally!

I wish you all the best in your endeavors!