Off the Wagon...

Options
I have no idea why I can't control my late night eatting! Help. I eat well throught he day, get my exercise in and then 8pm rolls around and I can't resist myself. I have not lost a pound and have managed to not let more pounds creep up. I need to lose 15 by Oct. HELP motivate me guys... :(

Replies

• mlinstead79
    Options
    I recommend eating dinner later.
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    I've always had a problem with that one myself. It is tough. The only thing that has ever helped me is eating enough during the day of healthy, calorie conscious foods, that I just cannot rationalize eating anymore at night, PLUS I don't seem to have the cravings as bad when I've eaten well during the day. A lot of it is just changing that habit, too, and we all know how hard that can be. Good luck. You can do it. Just keep your eye on the prize and tell yourself "no!" firmly. :)
  • littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    i have that problem too so i oftyen eat after the gym around 8pm, or save some extra calories for a snack at the night xx
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I agree with rrrbecca11. It is still a habit for me but I eat well during the day, eat supper later, and make sure I save some calories for my evening snack :wink:
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    What time do you exercise? What time do you have dinner?

Try reducing your portions a little during the day to save a few calories for the evening.
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Your diary is closed, so it is hard to make suggestions.
    For me, I plan my food for the day at the beginning of the day. I allow for a snack at night. Usually it is 100 cal popcorn or fruit. If you plan for it, you won't go over. Studies show it isn't what time of the day you eat, but how much all together that will make the difference. So if you know going into the evening that you can have a snack, you will eliminate the anxiety that surrounds it.
    HTH...
  • marciaoldale
    marciaoldale Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth if you feel like you want to have a snack, i find that after that i dont want to eat again
  • IronmanTriGirl
    Options
    Thank you all for your posts. It's that time of the night... staying strong! Thanks again.