17 Day diet day 1 - I need accountability!

Options
Hey there,

I'm a 23-year-old female. I'm not overweight, but borderline. I'm currently 60K(132pounds) and in order to be overweight, I need to be 62K (136pounds).

Until recently, I was 58.5K (128 pounds), but because of a trip I put on some pounds, and somehow I have not been able to take them out.

I consider myself a pretty healthy eater, I'm usually good for maintaining weight, but I have not been able to control myself lately.

I decided that now, for at least the first cycle of the diet, I will stick 100% to it. I need to bring back some order to my life. I need to decide what I eat and what I don't eat, and not just indulge food, or eat "just because".

I need some accountability, some friend that can help me on this journey. My family is supportive, but because they think I look fine, they are not really good at keeping me in line. I need someone that understands that, although I'm not overweight, I don't wanna get there, and therefore I need to be able to implement some control into what I eat.

Tell me about yourselves and if you want we can be diet buddies!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you want to have better control over your food intake, you need to be accountable, yes - to yourself. No amount of friends or support or external motivation can help you make better choices.

You are still normal weight, so your habits are just a little bit off. What you need, is to go back to your old - actually not very old, as you are young - habits, and you will be at your old weight again.

But weightloss is slow, so you need patience. You don't need to be 100% anything, except for 100% in a consistent calorie deficit for some time. You're on a website that promotes sensible and healthy weightloss. Set up your account to lose the smallest amount per week (1/4 kilo or 1/2 pound). Use your food diary and hit your calorie target, as best as you can, every day. You will lose weight effectively doing that.

Going on diets will make you gain weight. Because going on a diet for 17 days has no practical purpose, but it can be enough to trigger rebound overeating. Don't set yourself up for a life as a yoyo-dieter.
  • analisse4536
    analisse4536 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am on the same journey as you are. I am borderline overweight and my friends and family say that I look fine. However, I want to have a healthy weight and I want to FEEL better too. Feel free to add me as a friend; I have been working hard so far and I love motivating and supporting my friends. It is always helpful to go through it with a friend :)