Advice tips

Options
Hi all I'm wanting as much weight gain advice as possible Any tips or tricks you think work what food you've eaten that's gained you weight ect. Really wanting to give it a shot and gain a few pounds would really appreciate the help thanks

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm wanting as much weight gain advice as possible Any tips or tricks you think work what food you've eaten that's gained you weight ect. Really wanting to give it a shot and gain a few pounds would really appreciate the help thanks

The most important thing is to eat enough calories. Did you get a calorie goal and started logging? Are you struggling to hit your goal? Individual foods aren't more or less "better" at causing weight gain except in their calorie density.

Are you underweight? Are you a healthy weight but trying to build muscle?

If you are struggling to hit your calorie goal, there is a thread listing convenient calorie dense foods floating around that someone will hopefully post. My favorites when I have calories left over are peanut butter or ice cream. If you are just vaguely trying to "eat to gain weight", logging and hitting your calorie goal will be way more efficient :smiley: Good luck!
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Find out your TDEE add 200-300 calories on top, try it out for a week. Best to gain about .5-1lb a week. Add or subtract calories if you gain too fast or too slow. Good foods are calorie dense ie. Steak, peanutbutter, bananas, almonds, pasta, bread, cheese, milk, whole eggs...it takes time and a lot of experimenting. Dont get discouraged, trust the process. Good luck!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    First what are your goals? It is important to establish exactly what you want out of your bulk (gaining cycle) to help keep focus and tailor your workout programming accordingly. Strength, overall muscle development, focus on the upper body or lowerbody, trying to reach a healthy weight, etc.

There really are no tips and tricks, but if you are having issues gaining this thread can help with tips and food suggestions.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

Take the gain slow, no more than 0.5lb per week to reduce fat gains. Be consistent and patient.

If you provide more info I can go into more detail about other considerations.
  • AvandHK
    AvandHK Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You have to be in a caloric surplus and it takes time too so eat more than you burn and stick to it don’t just do it for a week and expect massive changes