Fast meal! Have a tight schedule tonight-grocery store car dinner?

Options
I have a tight schedule tonight. The only places near me are not healthy to pick up food-so I'm planning on going to the grocery store. What is the easiest thing to pick up (high protein if possible) and eat immediately in my car? (In other words I have no time to make it, and no utils or cooking equipment).

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    A banana and a Lunchable, maybe? Can you grab a spoon, so you can purchase some yogurt?
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i do have access to silverware :-) Thank you!
  • wernerfassett
    wernerfassett Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Some grocery stores have roasted chicken hot and ready to go. (if you're vegetarian sorry)
    But if you remove the skin and eat the chicken breast you'll give your protein goal a major boost.
  • rsoronen
    rsoronen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Packet of flavored tuna and crackers plus some cheese?
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,372 Member
    Options
    If the store has a deli, you can usually get chicken, hard boiled eggs. Can always pick up a bag of nuts.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is substantial enough for you but when I’ve been in a time crunch I’ve picked up those P3 packs - I think Oscar Mayer makes them, by the lunchables at the grocery store. They have cubes of ham or turkey, cheese, and nuts or dried fruit. I’ve gotten them to tide me over while I run the kids to practices and activities and then make myself a bowl of soup or something small later when I finally get home. They also sell peeled hard boiled eggs at my store (I’m not a fan), or pre made deli sandwiches or chicken tenders from the grab and go case.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    pack of ham, some cheese, a banana
  • firefly171717
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    My grocery stores all have pre-made sandwiches in the deli section.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I have a tight schedule tonight. The only places near me are not healthy to pick up food-so I'm planning on going to the grocery store. What is the easiest thing to pick up (high protein if possible) and eat immediately in my car? (In other words I have no time to make it, and no utils or cooking equipment).

Thank you!!!!!!!!

yogurt + a protein or food bar; sushi if your grocery has it;
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    My grocery store has sandwiches, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, tuna, peanut butter, hot cooked chicken, salads, lunch meats, breads, protein bars, granola bars, milk, yogurt drinks, nuts, seeds,fruit, hummus, fresh ready to eat veggie tray.

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I go to the deli counter and have them slice off 3oz of turkey. I'll grab a banana or an apple and a protein bar too (usually a Quest bar.) Then there is no mess and I don't need utensils.
  • firefly171717
    Options
    smart ideas, thank you!
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have never thought of going to the deli for grab and go food! Banking a few of these ideas myself so thank you for asking the question!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Firefly good for you for taking this route instead of just saying screw it and heading through the drive through. Good job!