My first NSV

Options
bikerb422
bikerb422 Posts: 64 Member
I have been a diabetic for many years. So long now I cannot remember when I was diagnosed. I hated getting put on more and more meds. And then about a year ago my doc put me on insulin. Not a good thing. It did help to bring my numbers down but I gained about 20 lbs more. So after my wife and I went on a cruise the end of may this year and came back not gaining any weight ( couldn't believe that ) but we did try to make good choices. After the cruise I thought to myself that if I can go on a cruise and do it then I can do it at home. That is when my wife and I joined MFP. June 5th was my starting date and I have lost 30 lbs so far. I missed my first mini goal by one day. I wanted to be at 265 by the time I saw my endo doctor on Monday. He was very surprised by the weight loss and what I have been doing to my insulin amounts. As the weight has been coming off plus exercising my blood sugar numbers have been coming way down. So I have been reducing my insulin accordingly. I was taking 80 units at bedtime and 30 more in the morning. I had cut myself back to only 5 units at night and 2 units in the morning.

Now for the NSV, my endo took me OFF my insulin and said come back in six months and surprise him again. So February will be my next visit and hope to be off more meds by then.

Sorry for the long post. I am just so very happy now.

Bruce

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    wow thats amazing!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    woohoo! amazing, so happy for you :)
  • momma_roo
    momma_roo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    that is incredible! Good for you!! Keep up the great work!!
  • pjhrt
    pjhrt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats dude, great story!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Now that's what I CALL an NSV!! *high fives*
  • DancingSquirrel
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Way to go! :)
  • Kitty412
    Kitty412 Posts: 152
    Options
    You should be very proud. Congratulations!
  • daveshoneybun
    daveshoneybun Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congrats and the weight loss and getting to lower your insulin, i hope you get off all your meds in feb. feel free to add me as a friend and we can enjoy this journey together.
  • lucylu22
    lucylu22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'll bet you FEEL really great, getting off the insulin and dropping those pounds. Your body loves you :). It sure is not easy, but very well worth the effort. Congratulations on your super NSV!
  • Janice6331
    Options
    that was a pleasure to read. Real inspiration. Dont go back and surprise your doctor go back and shock him!
  • christmre
    christmre Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Great job!
  • Smyles2u
    Smyles2u Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So so awesome, Thanx for sharing... :)
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! Wow! I bet your doctor wanted to hug you!
    Congrats and keep on keepin' on...
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    That is fantastic! I am a Type 2 diabetic who has been really trying to get this under control for about a year. I have lost about 30 lbs and have a long way to go, but I've started exercising regularly and actually like it. My doctor put me on lantus insulin to help lower my triglycerides which made me swell up and gain about 10 lbs. I've since gone back on byetta which is a great drug for me because it curbs my hunger and lowers my triglycerides. Other than metformin that is the only diabetes meds I am on, however there is also cholestrol meds & 2 blood pressure meds. My goal is to be taken off some of those drugs by the end of the year. I wish you much success.
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Thats awesome
  • cibolodave
    Options
    that is so awesome! keep it up buddy
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations on losing weight and also being taken off insulin! That's amazing!!! :)
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That's great!!! Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!