Carrying weight in inner thighs

Options
Any advice on targeted exercise to get rid of excess weight on inner thighs?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Just keep up with your deficit. Keep losing and eventually your thighs will catch up.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ^ What they said. Spot reduction is not possible.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    So losing fat from your thighs directly isn't possible - like previous posters have said, no such thing as a spot reduce from a fat POV. However, if your aim is to make them appear smaller you could exercise those muscles and they'll become leaner. Have a Google for inner thigh exercises - lots of them about.

your muscles dont become leaner.you can strengthen the muscle underneath and lose the fat over top and get a leaner look but you cant make muscler leaner to make your legs smaller.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    So losing fat from your thighs directly isn't possible - like previous posters have said, no such thing as a spot reduce from a fat POV. However, if your aim is to make them appear smaller you could exercise those muscles and they'll become leaner. Have a Google for inner thigh exercises - lots of them about.

That doesn't make sense.

You're either contradicting yourself, or you don't fully understand what "become leaner" means.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    inner thigh exercises would be to spot reduce. since you cant spot reduce those exercises for that reason are pointless
  • amsuraj
    amsuraj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sooo .... inner thigh exercise would target those muscles, therefore "spot reduction" is possible, is this the consensus? ..... I did do search in youtube, and there were few of them and they are "fun".
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    edited August 2018
    Options
    amsuraj wrote: »
    Sooo .... inner thigh exercise would target those muscles, therefore "spot reduction" is possible, is this the consensus? ..... I did do search in youtube, and there were few of them and they are "fun".

nope you might strengthen up the muscle but you wont burn fat without a deficit of calories. and fat comes off where it wants when it wants. you cant work your thighs in a deficit and the fat come off there. if you eat in a deficit the fat may come off say your arms first even if you arent working them. you cannot pick a spot to work on and reduce the fat from that area. its not how it works
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Sooo .... inner thigh exercise would target those muscles, therefore "spot reduction" is possible, is this the consensus? .....
    No. The consensus is that spot reduction is not possible, and no exercise, diet or supplement will change that fact. "Targeting muscles" and "eliminating fat from a particular area of the body" are two completely different and totally unrelated things.

Fat has no contractile properties and cannot be exercised. Exercising the muscles beneath the fat has nothing to do with eliminating the fat covering the muscles in that particular area of your body. You will gain/lose fat according to your genetic fat distribution pattern, which varies from person to person and can't be controlled/influenced.
  • amsuraj
    amsuraj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... very helpful.
  • yogayarnie
    yogayarnie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Sooo .... inner thigh exercise would target those muscles, therefore "spot reduction" is possible, is this the consensus? .....
    Fat has no contractile properties and cannot be exercised. Exercising the muscles beneath the fat has nothing to do with eliminating the fat covering the muscles in that particular area of your body. You will gain/lose fat according to your genetic fat distribution pattern, which varies from person to person and can't be controlled/influenced.

As an example, when I lose weight, I lose it first my, ahem, chest area (major bummer), then my face, then my arms and legs, and, if I really stick with it, I eventually lose some belly fat. I swear it's the part that really bugs you that comes off last, lol.