133 pounds to lose‼️‼️‼️

Options
Open to advice and Encouragement

Replies

• pvillag2
    pvillag2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm paul! Welcome to a new journey!
    My best advice is just cut the portions of your meals and find something that you enjoy doing that gives you a sweat! Good luck!
  • CheekyChiq88
    CheekyChiq88 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    agreed with above and make sure you love the food your eating and keep variety so you don't get bored! Prevents me from binging!
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    evitablaze wrote: »

Start small. Just log what you eat and do it accurately. Do it for a week or so and then look over your log. Find something small and sustainable you can change. Make another small change each week until you are hitting your calorie goal.

Don't be too aggressive. Just because we have a long road to travel doesn't mean we have to rip our diet down to 1200 calories. Choose a moderate or conservative daily deficit - it will allow you to eat the things you love while losing weight.

Buy a food scale. Really. It's 10-20 bucks and worth every single penny.

Don't adopt any habit that you can't maintain forever. That is a recipe for rebounding. If you don't think you can give up a food or food group forever, then my advice is don't give it up at all. You can work nearly anything into your diet if you love it, and still lose weight.

Find some discipline within yourself. You'll need to lean on it when motivation deserts you (as it will now and then).

Forgive yourself when you slip, then get back up and move on.

Love yourself.
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hello & welcome you have come to the right place. I joined 2 weeks ago and have made many supportive friends. Add me if you like and best of luck on your fitness goals. I don't really have any groundbreaking advice other than... eat right, log your food, and stay away from fast food & Pizza Hut...Hit the gym and do cardio/light strength training. Stay in a calorie deficit and you will lose weight. Play Eye of the Tiger by Survivor and look in the mirror and say bring it on!
  • bmaldo11
    bmaldo11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    evitablaze wrote: »

Persevere, you can reach your goal
    Take time for yourself every day
    Little by little you will succeed!