New to this site but not the challenge...

Options
Hello all,

My name is Rick and I have been battling all my life.. I look forward to the tips and suggestions and the success of others to help keep me on track..

I have started this trek many a time, this time is different, I lost a lot of weight through WW a few years ago. Well I have managed on my own to keep it off and lose a little more. Now I am trying to focus on the end goal.

The only thing I can attribute to my success this time is not putting a timeline on my success. I always said I want to lose X pounds by this day.. And then it didn't happen I got discouraged. I will get to the end, when I get there doesn't matter, I am much healthier than I was 4 years ago, 3 years ago, even 2 years ago.. As long as I can keep saying that I am heading in the right direction..

Looking forward to continuing my success with others...

Rick

Replies

• Janice6331
    Options
    You sound like you are doing well. It is all about having a good attitude. I have battled with my weight before and it was only when i adopted the right attitude that i lost it. The way i thought about it was.

How much of my life do i want to give up to being over weight and unhappy about it? I thought ahead and tried to look back. I was happier looking back having achieved some weight loss than looking back at how i had always given up and caved in and had the chocolate bar even though i didnt really enjoy it. The thought of if i had just kept up the diet i would be slim now was the clincher.
  • rickcote13
    Options
    I will admit I have an AWESOME WW leader and that is why I was there so long..

She had some great quotes... Some I will always remember..

"Do what you always did you will get what you always got"

"Thin feels better than Chinese food tastes" (I inserted chinese food, her quote was chocolate)

She was always a motivator and helped me thus far..

Thanks Andrea !!!!

and thanks Janice...
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You got lots of support here, Keep going!