What are some quick meals?

Options
What are some of your guy's quick go to meals?

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    A bag of frozen steam-in-the-bag vegetables (4-5 minutes in the microwave) and a chicken breast (a few minutes on the grill or in the pan).
  • Borrayo1287
    Borrayo1287 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For sure good looking out AnvilHead.
  • MagBird1103
    MagBird1103 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Eggs scrambled with whatever veggies have on hand that I can cut up and throw in (I like asparagus, spinach and zucchini) with some ricotta mixed in at the end. Incredibly filling and super creamy from the cheese. A little garlic powder and done. Good for breakfast or dinner.
  • Jboogieonthefloor
    Jboogieonthefloor Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Eggs scrambled with whatever veggies have on hand that I can cut up and throw in (I like asparagus, spinach and zucchini) with some ricotta mixed in at the end. Incredibly filling and super creamy from the cheese. A little garlic powder and done. Good for breakfast or dinner.

The only veggies I've thrown in with my scrambled eggs so far have been spinach and mushrooms, but zucchini in them sounds really good. It'd be a first for me putting ricotta in my eggs, but I'm going to try it. Good tip!

• elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower rice with some broccoli and red bell pepper chopped up and thrown in. Actually, you can throw any vegetable or meat in with Cauliflower rice, add a TBSP of soy sauce. Yum!
    Tonight's dinner was pretty fast - a piece of tuna grilled on my indoor grill, the aforementioned cauliflower rice and cut up cucumber.
    (I have a Cuisinart indoor grill and I use it almost every night. It's a little pricey, but it requires virtually no thought (buttons) and it works so well. I'd buy one for everyone if I could afford it)
  • vickeydorton
    vickeydorton Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    MAgbird, I have never used Ricotta cheese- is it really easy to use for cooking? I know nothing about it
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    *Sweet potato wash, stab and throw in the nuker. Top with black beans, corn, salsa and guacamole.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My fave quick meal is poached eggs on top of sautéed mushrooms and red onion, a slice of toast with a laughing cow cheese wedge, and a cut up tomato or a simple salad (lettuce, avocado, red onion is good) on the side.
    Yum.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    MAgbird, I have never used Ricotta cheese- is it really easy to use for cooking? I know nothing about it

For eggs, I just put ricotta on top at the end. It's not really cooking, just warming up.

Another vote for eggs for dinner when I'm short on time. I like peppers, onions, and kielbasa, but will also swap out the peppers for spinach or Swiss chard from the garden.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    This time of year my OH grills a double batch of chicken one night and I assemble a large "power" salad. The next day I make something with the leftover chicken.

Tonight it will be green beans, pasta, and pesto. Not especially quick as I am making the pesto from scratch, but jarred pesto would save time.
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast tenders or fish and sliced veggies cooked on our cuisinart panini press, which doubles as a small indoor grill. I make a pot of brown rice or other whole grain each week and portion it out in 1/2 cup servings. I season the meat or fish with old bay seasoning, chicken seasons, goya adobo, curry, garam masala, or whatever sounds tasty. Takes about 10 minutes to cook from start to finish. Another quick dinner is rice, simple nature canned beans, chopped tomatoes, avocado, and green onions seasoned with lime and red pepper. Healthy, fast, and nutritious.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Frozen potstickers - 10 minute steam, minute rice in the microwave and a bunch of broccolini will both cook in that time.
    Saute up a nice sausage with some bell peppers and onions and have it on a wheat pita with a salad.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Tacos. Chop the lettuce and tomatoes while the hamburger is browning. Grate some cheese to go on top while the hamburger is getting saucy (I use the Old El Paso seasoning mix—takes 10 minutes to reduce). Makes enough for four days for myself or two days if husband wants to share.