Excercise to do at home

Options
I am making a boot camp circuit at home gym. I have a treadmill, some dumbbells, resistance bands and a excercise ball. Please give me your recommendations on excercise I can add. One day focused on upper body, one on lower. Two days/week.

Replies

• RicoFit14
    RicoFit14 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Got a doorway you can add a pullup apparatus too? Jump ropes, rope ladder (lay it on the ground for a different kind of cardio).
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Don't forget sit ups, push ups and burpees!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    TRX. If you’re doing only 2 days is suggest full body both days, unless you’re doing something comparable on non boot days.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Most of my strength training revolves around dumbbells and the stability ball. You MIGHT consider a cardio step. I use it for side squats and used to use it for push-ups, before I "graduated" to using the floor. Also, just in case you haven't got one, I'd suggest a mat.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Log onto FitnessBlender.com and follow any of the workouts they provide with that use the equipment you have. There is no reason to reinvent the wheel. If you want to add to there workouts, knock your socks off. ;-)
  • Annadel
    Annadel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Awesome suggestions. Also any tips where to buy some used sports equipment. Like steppers, ropes Trx. I don’t have these yet.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    For an aerobic step try thrift stores, or Craig's List first.....you never know. I saw a nice step at Aldi for $9.00 (several months ago). I got my Gold's Gym step from Wal-Mart.com for $27, in store pick up made shipping free.

I like Jenny Ford step workouts on Youtube.