HELP - FitBit vs. Exercise Log

Options
Good Morning. I am trying to find out what you all do and what the right way to add things in is.
I use my Fitbit Versa and love it. When I go for my morning walk, I use the exercise timer / GPS. This generates a "calories from Fitbit" on my daily log. So, should I still put in that I went for a mile walk for 23 minutes or leave it alone because then I am overcounting (because the Fitbit number is already there)? I
Hope this make sense. Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

• sugom2
    sugom2 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I do not use my Fitbit HR to enter my calories. Before I was on Real-Appeal (weight loss program offered for free by my employer) I used MFP to log in my food.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    It's not going to over count as Fitbit is a replace-only system when you manually log anything. (get the times wrong and you could over count obviously)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10098937/faq-syncing-logging-food-exercise-calorie-adjustments-activity-levels-accuracy/p1

Oh, that usage on Fitbit is NOT what creates that Fitbit adjustment on MFP, read the FAQ for that info.
    That entry is not just exercise, in fact could be no exercise, merely increased daily activity.

What can help is walking a known decent distance at average daily rate (which should seem slow) say 2 mph, and confirming Fitbit saw the distance correct. 1/2 to 1 mile, not across the garage.
    Stride length may need to be corrected for step distance to be best, for that adjustment to be based on best estimate.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    You don't need to put your exercise in MFP since the activity you do (according to your Versa) adjusts your calories in MFP when they're synced.