60 and want to get in shape!

Options
I just joined today... I just turned 60 and want to get in shape!!

Replies

• Red_Dwarf74
    Red_Dwarf74 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, it's never too late, you have came to the right place :)
  • Gail1701
    Gail1701 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! My friend and I were talking about our ‘milestones’ coming up. I’d don’t want to be fifty, fat and unfit, and my friend wants to be sixty, sexy and slim! We’re working hard towards our goals.
  • James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Wow ... it seems that 60 is the new 28. You are looking GOOD!
  • LosinIt54
    LosinIt54 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 64 today and I’ve lost 80lbs since Feb 27 of this year. I’m down to 193 but I’ve got a few more to go. Then I’m going to begin a weight maintenance diet and start a strength program to really get in shape. Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to add me.
  • amyloutoyou
    amyloutoyou Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I turn 60 at the beginning of next year. My plan is to be healthier in my 60's than in my 50's. Working to put myself first. Others are not asking me to put them first, but I realize I make a lot of decisions based on making others happy. I'm having to turn off their voices, even with kind intentions. What's you plan for getting healthy? Me? I'm breaking up with food. It can't be my friend, entertainment, or therapy.

• marybread1
    marybread1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same as you, turning 60 in a few months and want to be stronger, more flexible and more everything when I hit 60! I've got some weight to lose but am putting emphasis on cardio, strength and flexibility. I've been trying to eat low carb/keto which seems to agree with me.
  • suibhan6
    suibhan6 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    LosinIt54 wrote: »
    Hi, I am 64 today and I’ve lost 80lbs since Feb 27 of this year. I’m down to 193 but I’ve got a few more to go. Then I’m going to begin a weight maintenance diet and start a strength program to really get in shape. Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to add me.

Happy Birthday. I'm also 64, but gain another year in December. I will be in a gym shortly. I'll add you.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    71 years here still trying, good luck all