500 calorie meals

Options
ljgibson1972
ljgibson1972 Posts: 1 Member
Looking for meals that are below 500.00 calories per serving.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    I had two open face faux reuben sandwiches the other day for under 400 cals.

Split an english muffin. Toast lightly.

Meanwhile, divide a little over three ounces of corned beef into two piles on a piece of waxed paper. Divide 1 oz of provolone (swiss would be more traditional, and might save you a few calories, but what I had on hand was provolone), and a half cup of sauerkraut between the two piles of meat. Pop in the microwave for about 15 seconds (or whatever it takes to heat it up and let the cheese get soft -- if you want melty cheese, leave the sauerkraut off and just add it cold, because the liquid in the sauerkraut will make it get REALLY hot before the cheese melts). Slide the two piles of meat, cheese, and kraut onto to the muffin halves (I don't use any condiment, because the cheese and sauerkraut provide plenty of moisture, but you could spread a good brown mustard on the muffin before topping if you like, for negligible calories).

That, plus a good-sized sour pickle, came to 361 calories.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Any meal can be 500 calories if you portion it to fit. You get more food volume with lower calorie foods, but you could eat 500 calories of extra cheesy sausage lasagna.

Lower calorie options are:
    Veggies and greens
    Most fruits
    Lean meats like chicken breast or beef filet
    Simple starches in smaller portions

What type of meal are you looking for?
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    Any meal can be 500 calories if you portion it to fit. You get more food volume with lower calorie foods, but you could eat 500 calories of extra cheesy sausage lasagna

Truth. A Stouffers Pepperoni French bread pizza plus a side of carrots and a side of broccoli is under 500 calories. And is probably something I will consume in the next week lol.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Here's part of my "cheat sheet" for when I only have 250 calories available for dinner but I want real food that I probably have on hand. You could double these or add something else.
    znjkk4k9vbv5.jpg