Any Hip Hop Heads on the forum?

Options
2»

Replies

• SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    i love jean grae, please tell me yall are on her, she could classify as new hiphop, i also love little brother, slum village, kidz in the hall, pacific division, asher roth, kendrick lamar, voli, cool kids, lupe (of course), j cole. slick rick (the ruler) & doug e fresh, and if you like instrumental low key laid back hip hop check out nujabes, he's a dope producer responsible for the soundtrack of the anime show 'samurai champloo'..one of my faves, depressed me that he died recently..
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    any one like underground/independent hip hop?

some of my favorites are The Grouch and Buck 65

Not sure if he counts but I like Aesop Rock.

yeah Aesop rock counts i'm pretty sure Aesop Rock has been on tracks with The Grouch and Buck 65

word, the grouch is nice, i also like mf doom
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    yay, hip hop heads losing weight :)

Marathon, Dilated, best running song!
  • joi1407
    Options
    going to see the roots on Fri, was gonna see q-tip next week but he cancelled :(
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    RUN D MC!!!!!!!!! Love it! I need to put Big Daddy Kane on IPOD especially since I recently learned he put Jay Z on the map!!!!!!!!

actually jaz was jay-z's main man though, and where he got his name from. here's an old song with those two, i wish jay-z would rap like this NOW..it was so dope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XPZSbdyPKk
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    going to see the roots on Fri, was gonna see q-tip next week but he cancelled :(

you are one lucky son of a gun..they have a black star concert in new orleans (mos def & talib kweli) but i'm going to be in my classes :( UGHhhhh i need it in my life...
  • joi1407
    Options
    yeah I went to the black star, De la Soul and Rakim gig here (London UK). it was great, even tho we missed Rakim as he was so unfashionably early, which never happens at hip hop gigs.
    Also going to Random Axe and rhymesayers later this year... :)
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    yeah I went to the black star, De la Soul and Rakim gig here (London UK). it was great, even tho we missed Rakim as he was so unfashionably early, which never happens at hip hop gigs.
    Also going to Random Axe and rhymesayers later this year... :)

arghhh :( apparently i'm in the wrong country..you guys are having all the fun. and you're right, being early NEVER happens in a hip hop show, i definitely waited 3 hours for both kidz in the hall AND lupe fiasco. i bet that concert was amazing...i'd love to be abroad and get some good hip hop in my soul