cauliflower "mashed potatoes"

Options
jenng38
jenng38 Posts: 105
I was on here yesterday and found a fantastic recipe for faux mashed potatoes that you make out of cauliflower! It was sooo good, even my son liked it and he doesn't like cauliflower lol! It was so easy too, I just steamed the cauliflower and mashed it up with a TBS of light butter and 2 wedges of laughing cow garlic & herb cheese wedges and added garlic and onion powder and a little salt and pepper. Wow! It was definitely yummy :)

Replies

• laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    that sounds so good! Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I have had that.....and it is SO YUMMY! My sister-in law who is a weight watchers counselor gave me the recipe and we made it at thanksgiving. The guys didn't think much of it (they wanted their potatoes) but all of us girls loved it!
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just made it minus the cheese, it is really good and steamed it just whipped right up! VERY GOOD
  • leyna6388
    Options
    bump
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    A good tip is to roast the cauliflower for a while after steaming. It dries it out and makes the consistency more potato-like.
    Try it sprinkled with smoked paprika.
  • daniellefsc
    daniellefsc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I used the meat grinder attachment on my mixer on this just like I do mashed potatoes. Yum.
  • mamashatzie
    mamashatzie Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You can also mash one small potato into the cauliflower. Then you can't even tell that it's cauliflower and not potatoes! Yumm.
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    I have done this before and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the reminder.
  • turtleohs
    turtleohs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ive never heard of this. Thanks for sharing!
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've heard of it but never tried it.
    How long do you roast it? At what temp?

Cauliflower is on my shooping list for next week
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Ok, i tried to make these 'mashed potatoes' once... not from this recipe... but from elsewhere online and mine were disgusting! Perhaps I didn't do it right??? Any advice appreciated - Friend/Message me!