Serial starter in need of motivation

Options
I was a gym rat when I was in the Marine Corps, but since I got I have put on almost 80 pounds. I feel tired all the time and I always feel like dirt. I get winded going up a flight of stairs. My schedule makes it hard to eat right and workout but I know it needs to be done. I have started down this road probably 15 times in the last year and it never lasts more than a few days. Is there anyone out there who needs motivation and is willing to give motivation in return? It would be great to make some friends who actually keep in touch and act as a support system.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I think your focus on motivation and eating right is what makes you start and stop, and now not even start. To lose weight, you just have to eat less. If your schedule is hectic, you don't have much time to eat, and problem should be solved. (If you have a lot of time on your hands, use some of it to plan/shop/cook.) Eating healthy will make you feel less tired, but healthy eating doesn't have to be elaborate cooking. No matter how much support you have, decisions to eat or not eat, exericse or not exercise, is always yours and yours alone, and sustainable habits means you don't have to decide so much, you just do.
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    A good group of friends makes all the difference in the world for many of us on here.
  • WarmKrystal
    WarmKrystal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!! I joined MFP a few months ago. In January 2017, I had lost 56 pounds just by cutting out certain foods but I had a set back in the fall and gained 20 back...
    A friend Introduced be to MFP and finally I started losing weight again! I had lost 22 pounds by doing Intermittent Fasting and weighing my food ... then summer hit and well the drinks, the bad food and no motivation happened.
    I said that I’m going to enjoy the rest of the summer and when September hits I’m right back into routine of IF, weighing and prepping
    I’m always looking for people to help motivate me so if you don’t mind, I’ll add you and we can hopefully motivate each other?