What weight loss did you achieve in 3-4 months' time?

Options
Please share your 3-4 months progress details to motivate. What exercises & diet you followed?
I have about 4 months till I go on my next vacation and I'm finding it difficult to be consistent to work out & watch what I eat. :(
Thank you.

Replies

• S1312T
    S1312T Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    At my most dedicated I lost around 15 kgs (33 lbs) in 3 months, 100 - 85 kgs (220 - 187 lbs), 5'10. I ate once a day, and generally aimed to eat 1000 calories daily. I exercised quite a bit, but I didn't do much of the day-to-day activity. Lost another 15 kgs (33 lbs) over a longer timespan, with more food, and more activity. Everyone who wants to achieve something should have an overview of ones motivations for doing so.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I lost 29 pounds in the first 4 months.
    That was by mid May, it’s slowing down considerably now as I get close to maintenance.
    What I did was —stuck to my calorie allotment and logged every day. No special foods or diet, except that I watch sodium levels and avoid gluten for diagnosed health concerns.
    I also walk and practice Pilates.
  • tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I lost circa 35 pounds in around 3 months (100 days, if I'm recalling correctly) at my 'fastest'. That included the big initial 'whoosh' where I dropped 8 pounds in like two weeks and it was generally during a fairly slow moment in life where I had a fair amount of time and energy to devote to shopping, cooking, reading up, and of course exercising - I lifted 3 times a week fairly consistently, and added in swimming, cardio, hiking, dance, yoga, or something almost every day and generally stuck to 1300 calories or less with very partial eating back.
  • elkforest
    elkforest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 4 months. I have lost 53 pounds in that time strictly by counting calories on this app. My target is 1500 calories and I am a little under most days. Just a rare overage. I just started to walk because I can now, and was at a plateau.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    I lost 36 in three months. .no counting calories... eating Whole Foods, no sodium or processed foods of any kind.....drinking water and eating six times a day all food groups.. like clockwork.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    How much you lose is dependent upon how much you weigh. When I was in the beginning, I'd lose anywhere from 24-32 lbs in a 3-4 month period (roughly, averaging about 2lbs/week).

But as I shrank, that number shrank as well. Now, I'm good to get 12-16lbs in a 3-4 month period and soon enough, I'll be looking at half that when I cross the healthy BMI threshold.

I don't have a specific diet -- I eat whatever, just less of it enough to be roughly around where I need to be to hit my daily goal.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I lost about 10 lbs in the first 3 month. ~12.5 by the end of the 4th month.
    That was at the beginning, with 30lbs to lose.

Looking at the last 5 lbs, they probably took equally as long.

I exercised 3-5 times a week and ate back 200cals per hr.

My diet was consistent with the foods I ate before deciding to lose weight, but portioned according to my calorie requirements, nutritional needs and satiety.

My exercise was mainly aqua fit with walking, Pilates, bellydancing, swimming, etc, rotated on alternate days.

How much you can lose by your vacation depends on how much you have to lose to be in the mid range BMI.

The more you have to lose the greater a deficit you can have.
    Under 50 lbs, ~1lbs a week.
    Over 75lbs, ~2lbs a week.

Cheers, h.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    About 9lbs these past four months. It's a bit slow but I don't have a lot to lose and I am already within a healthy BMI, just trying to lean out after a bulk. I lift with some cardio and yoga.

It really depends how much you have to lose.

• mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    2 months in, lost 25lbs

Working out and doing IF
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    8kg in three months.
  • unicornpickles
    unicornpickles Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Not quite 3 months and lost 22#. Tracking calories with better food choices, trying not to go over amount given . Started walking , t25, and starting weights, at least 5 days a week,no gym. Im over 40 female and started at 215 postpartum
  • CatherineLaurel
    CatherineLaurel Posts: 197 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I like this thread and I like the way the question was posed. It leaves how to answer it open to interpretation of the reader. I enjoy reading the vastly different responses, most of which are substantiated with some background. Followed.

For example, based on my 1200 avg I was expecting to lose 2 pounds a week and hit my goal by December. Since I am in the 160s to begin with, I know now that I may not reach that number because many have said when they had less to lose, their weight loss fluctuated despite their goals and calorie intake.

So happy for this thread.
  • cookiecat90
    cookiecat90 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like this thread too :)
    My goal is to lose 20kg in five months (wedding in January) and have wondered if it's realistic.
    I'm logging my food, sticking to 1200 cals and upping my exercise.
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    April 16th 2018 I was 370.4 pounds. This past Monday I was 305 pounds. So 65.4 pounds in just over 4 months. I still eat what I enjoy I just track it and move more. I eat anywhere from 2500-3300 calories on a daily basis while I lose and have a "cheat day" on Saturday.

As has already been mentioned, sometimes faster is not better especially in weight loss and depending on how much you have to lose (and how much skin you don't mind sticking around).
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I think that you will benefit from taking another approach! I see it's already been mentioned, but I want to chime in.

A person at a certain weight will lose a certain amount of fat at a certain calorie deficit. One pound of body fat equals 3500 calories.

You can expect to lose up to 1% of your bodyweight per week if your do everything right all the time. Normal water weight fluctuations are often greater than what you can lose in a week or even two.

Calorie counting is based on accurate logging, which means hitting your calorie target every day, or weekly on average, by weighing your food, using genuine database entries and the recipe builder. If you really stick to the calorie target MFP gave you, and you have set a realistic weekly goal, over time, you will lose weight.

What to eat, and whether and how to exercise, on the other hand, is completely up to you. Tips and tricks and other people's strategies and experiences are only of minor value to you. When you feel free to make your own decisions, you don't have a need for extrinsic motivation, and you have more mental energy to focus on you and your own process.

Most people tend to mix up those two aspects of weight management. It's important for success that you keep them separate.