Weight Gain in 1 Day?!

I do my weekly weigh ins every Friday, to help me stay motivated to stay on track for the weekends. Seeing the scale drop a little each week, or even stay the same as the last weigh in, is great motivation to keep my from over indulging that weekend. I then weigh myself every Monday, just to make sure I was good.

This past Monday I weighed myself, and was happy to see that I did not gain anything (YAY!). However when I weighed myself Tuesday, for some odd reason, I gained 4 pounds?!

While I did not work out Monday, due to massive housework, I did keep very busy and only took in about 1300 calories. Which is my daily goal.

Not to share too much information, I am expecting my ‘visitor’ this week. I’d like to say those 4 pounds are due to PMS bloating, but I normally get that the week before.

Anybody have any thoughts, before I go crazy?

Replies

• SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    I assume you are looking for validation that your weight gain is water. You already know it is. Drink some green tea and stay on track. Some women can gain anywhere from 5 to 10 lbs at their time of the month.

Relax.
  • sandislim
    sandislim Posts: 264
    Do not fret too much, if you have kept to your calorie allowance then it can't be fat gain. Its most probably water gain which can fluctuate up to 5lbs! Especially since it has come on quite fast (this is usually water weight) - and usually before TOM we can retain water. Try not to weigh yourself every day as this can show up big changes in weight - once a week is enough.
  • achtracy
    achtracy Posts: 17 Member
    Yes, most definately sounds like added water! Keep going! Don't give up! BTW, did you count your massive cleaning in your exercise..if not, you should unless it's something you do routinely. Good Luck!!
  • KA29
    KA29 Posts: 54
    Thanks, SarahNicole317.

I guess what just freaked me out is that I normally gain weight the week before my period, so seeing that the week of was a huge shock. Just about knocked me off my scale. I did drop 1 pound when I weighed myself today, so maybe I will just cover the scale with dirty laundry until Friday :tongue:

I am a huge fan of green tea, much more enjoyable than coffee to me.
  • TiffyC828
    TiffyC828 Posts: 80 Member
    I agree. When its that TOM for me, I do notice my weight increases a few pounds, then after, it seems as though it just disappears ;)
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    meh, I'm up 2 lbs from yesterday. It happens, no biggie. Just keep doing right, and you've got nothing to worry about.
  • KA29
    Achtracy - I ALWAYS count my cleaning as exercise. This way if I can't get in a workout, I don't feel too lazy since I was active cleaning. I always aim for at least 90 minutes of cleaning, every day, since I have a desk job. Otherwise, I feel like cr@p.
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Thanks, SarahNicole317.

I guess what just freaked me out is that I normally gain weight the week before my period, so seeing that the week of was a huge shock. Just about knocked me off my scale. I did drop 1 pound when I weighed myself today, so maybe I will just cover the scale with dirty laundry until Friday :tongue:

I can't stress to people enough how much more important progress pictures and measurements are compared to weight. My weight went up 2 lbs this week and measurements stayed the same so I knew I had nothing to worry about. If you can see changes in a picture or in measurements, then there is no reason to get hung up on the scale.
  • KA29
    Thanks, SarahNicole317.

I can't stress to people enough how much more important progress pictures and measurements are compared to weight. My weight went up 2 lbs this week and measurements stayed the same so I knew I had nothing to worry about. If you can see changes in a picture or in measurements, then there is no reason to get hung up on the scale.

Thanks, that is a great idea!!! I'll have to go get a tape measure to start doing that. I've just been focusing on weight.
  • sooman10
    sooman10 Posts: 18 Member
    I do exactly the same as you to make sure I am on track. I had a good workout on Saturday:smile: . Sunday went the scales I had lost weight which I was so happy about.:smile: Yesterday my “visitor” arrives and today I have also gained 4 pounds. I am devastated I have also put this down to PMS bloating. :mad:

Your are not going crazy I am sure there a plenty of ladies out there going through this :sad: .
  • achtracy
    achtracy Posts: 17 Member
    Great Job! Keep up the good work~!~ I wish you all the best!