Keto Diet, Losing 1 Pound a Day?

Options
Is it normal to be losing a pound a day? As nice as it is to see the scale dropping, 10 days into a keto diet and I've already lost 9.2 pounds. That just seems extreme to me.

Replies

• ladyethorne1
    ladyethorne1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for that reassurance. As much as I would love to lose a pound a day until I reach my goal, I want that weight loss to be a healthy one that doesn't revert later to an unhealthy weight gain. I won't be eating carbs in the future either. I've recently been diagnosed diabetic, so I had to make some changes. This diet has made it so that I don't have to take any form of insulin in order to maintain a normal glucose level, which is awesome. I don't want to break that stride.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!

Don't forget to add in a lot of extra salt if you get headachy, moodiness, nausea or other electrolyte imbalance symptoms. You may be low on sodium after losing that water weight.
  • jsb0726
    jsb0726 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yea once the excess water you have been holding is gone it will slow down to a normal rate. I lost about 15-20 the first few weeks then it dropped to about 1-2 a week.