Opinions please

Options
I'm in need of a new HRM and I wanted to know what everyone's favorites are? I just had a basic one that tracked calories burned which is a function I absolutely still want. I'd love to get a Bodybugg or something like that but I can't see spending the money on a monthly subscription for a "nutrition database" when I can get that here for free...plus I have the benefit of knowing all of you with this site :wink:

Replies

• legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I like my polar, and I know there is an on-line component, but I have never used it....
  • spennato
    spennato Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    If you have an Android Cardio trainer (http://www.worksmartlabs.com/cardiotrainer/about.php) Links up with a polar heart monitor. I don't have the monitor but the program is awesome and I will be Buying The Polar Wearlink+(Bluetooth).:smile:
  • uclown2002
    uclown2002 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I prefer the Garmin FR60, as I can change the batteries when they expire.

I have a polar and the transmitter died; unfortunately it is a sealed unit so I wasn't able to replace the battery myself. Not sure whether this is still the case for all polars but worth considering.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I have a Ekho E-15 and it dose what I need it to do and I will be able to replace the batteries when needed.
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I think most of the newer Polars have user-replaceable batteries.
  • JudyZ
    JudyZ Posts: 23
    Options
    Let me know what you get Jen! I need a new one too!
  • kris2683
    kris2683 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have tried the body bug- expensive and had a lot of problems with it. The polar FT7F heart rate monitor is excellent, easy to operate and reliable. Shows the basics heart rate, duration of work out and calories burned.