App setting for loose fat gain muscle option

Options
Hello,
The choices are
Loose wight
Maintain wight
Loose weight

What if I'm about 200 lbs 6'4" want to loose mid section fat and gain muscle.. What is the option I should take?
Thank you

Replies

• Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I agree with PSUL if you're new to lifting you see some improvements even in a small deficit.

To lose fat you need to be in a deficit to build muscle you need to be in a surplus. (generally)

Just be patient building muscle takes time and consistency. Luckily it's also simple. Follow a structured program and progressively overload.

Good luck and stick with it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    mhaistyyc wrote: »
    Hello,
    The choices are
    Loose wight
    Maintain wight
    Loose weight

What if I'm about 200 lbs 6'4" want to loose mid section fat and gain muscle.. What is the option I should take?
    Thank you

The goal choices are for what you want your scale weight to do, that will determine how many calories you should eat. So if you want to weigh less than 200, choose Lose Weight. If you want to remain the same scale weight, but change your body composition, you choose Maintain Weight. If you want to weigh more than 200, choose Gain Weight.

Whether or not you lose or gain muscle or fat will depend mostly on the speed of your weight loss or gain, getting enough protein, and your workout.
  • mhaistyyc
    mhaistyyc Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice.
    Now to make this a habit
  • colors_fade
    colors_fade Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    mhaistyyc wrote: »
    Thank you all for the advice.
    Now to make this a habit

That's the difficult part. Consistency is huge.

I've spent the last 8 months recomping. Scale didn't move for about 6 months, but I gained 2 inches on my arms, 5 inches on my chest and lost 5 inches on my waist. It can be really discouraging to see the scale number not move.

But if you're consistent you know the changes are going to happen. You have to trust the process. Don't let yourself get derailed. If you have a bad meal, get right back on the horse. Don't let one bad meal turn into a bad day, then a bad week.

And remember: 90% of this is diet. Truly it is. The gym part, the lifting part, that's so small in the grand scheme of things.