Should I start bulking now?

Options
Been on a cut for 6 months now. This is me right now. Do u think I should start bulking already? I have a flat stomach now but still can’t see my abs to be visible. bbg418vdknm4.jpeg

Replies

• OnalimOjag
    OnalimOjag Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’6 and weighs at 138.5 lbs as of this morning.
  • edickson76
    edickson76 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes, although I recommend maintaining for two weeks before starting a bulk cycle.
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    OnalimOjag wrote: »

Are you training for something? Or just trying to get stronger and look better?

You could add to your profile to gain 0.5 lbs / week, start taking 5g creating every day and hit the weights hard. As long as your nutrition is tracked well, you are getting 1g protein / lean body weight, you will start bulking up and hardly gain any fat.
  • OnalimOjag
    OnalimOjag Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    jflongo wrote: »
    OnalimOjag wrote: »

Are you training for something? Or just trying to get stronger and look better?

You could add to your profile to gain 0.5 lbs / week, start taking 5g creating every day and hit the weights hard. As long as your nutrition is tracked well, you are getting 1g protein / lean body weight, you will start bulking up and hardly gain any fat.

Thanks! I’m just trying to get stronger and look better but have always been afraid to bulk up because I was afraid that I might gain all the fat I lost.
  • jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    You’ll gain some fat.. usually a 1:1 ratio if done right .. don’t worry about it. Yes I think should bulk for a long time, small surplus 200-300 cals increasing at stalls, and make sure your following a proven progressive overload program
  • thaevilgenius
    thaevilgenius Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When bullying you should add 10% of your intake to slowly bulk, so if you're eating 2000calories add 200