Six Star

Options
Does anyone use Six Star supps? I’ve used the pre-workout as well as the protein powder for awhile now mainly because it’s affordable. How can you tell if it’s crap or not?
TIA 💪🏻

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Beyond protein and creatine, most supplements are worth the money. Examine.com is a good resource for researching
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    1 scoop 46.5 grams? 160 calories...only 20 grams of protein. That means 26.5 grams of filler. Over 50%. Hmmm 17 grams of carbs. Paying $20 bux for less than $10 worth of protein. My daughter bought me a container of bodylogix natural isolate. 30gram scoop 110 calories 25 grams protein. Good quality protein is expensive but read the label.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Only their cheap creatine supplement. That's it. Not the whey. Works fine.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Six star....it may provide what it says and it’s not like it “doesn’t work”, but I will say it’s probably the lowest of the low/ shytiest supplement company in terms of quality of product
  • Fitnessszombie
    Fitnessszombie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks much for all the feedback! Can anyone recommend a good whey protein?
    Has anyone used the Jim Stoppani or Nicole Wilkins supps?
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Most of them are all the same. Just comes down to taste and macro/ cal value you prefer. I personally like pescience and quest
  • Fitnessszombie
    Fitnessszombie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That’s my problem I cannot figure out my macro/calorie intake! I’ve been lifting for about 3 years now and have yet to figure it out. Super frustrating 🤪
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    That’s my problem I cannot figure out my macro/calorie intake! I’ve been lifting for about 3 years now and have yet to figure it out. Super frustrating 🤪

Why are you struggling with your calories? If you want to maintain then eat at your TDEE. If you want to cut then subtract 500 or so from your tdee. If you want to bulk add 250-500 to your tdee. Plenty of tdee calculators online. Keep track of your weight either on here, happy scale or libra. If your gaining/losing to fast then change calorie figures to suit your goal.

Macros people say 0.8-1g+ protein per lb of lean body mass. I like to just take in a minimum 1g per lb of actual body weight. Fat at 0.35-0.45g per lb of body weight. These figures are minimums you can eat more if you like. Whatever is left from your daily allowance based on yr goal you can have carbs/fat or protein whatever you prefer. Personally I just set my protein and fats and then manipulate my carb intake depending on if I’m bulking or cutting.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you want to know some quality ratings, you can look at https://labdoor.com/ .

If you need to know how to get more calories: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1