Sweet potato toast

Options
Does anyone eat this?? Please tell me how to do it.

Replies

• peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Following
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    I don't do it. It sounds like it's a variation on avocado toast. Bake or boil or microwave a sweet potato until it's soft. Smash some on a piece of toast.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I don't do it. It sounds like it's a variation on avocado toast. Bake or boil or microwave a sweet potato until it's soft. Smash some on a piece of toast.

I thought it meant making basically baked sweet potato chips that are big enough and crispy enough to put toppings on and eat like toast. To me, that sounds like a lot of work, but tastier than putting sweet potato on bread.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Google? Seems like we're a little uncertain what you mean.
  • lililomo
    lililomo Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    it was putting a slice of RAW sweet potato in the toaster which is what i read it to be! i thought - seriously? waste of sweet potato.just bake/roast and do what you will IMHO
  • CassieJones104
    CassieJones104 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm talking about actually toasting the sweet potato and using it as a bread substitute. what I'm not sure on is if most ppl bake it or put it in a toaster. I'm sure its all about preference but I was just curious as to how most ppl do it.
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    "Instructions
    Slice sweet potato into 1/4-inch long vertical slices.
    Turn toaster all the way up to high and toast sweet potato slices twice. If yours isn't fully cooked or slightly browned after two times, you can toast it a third time.
    Top with your favorite sweet or savory toppings and enjoy!
    Sweet potato toast {tips + topping ideas} - Family Food on the Table
    https://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/sweet-potato-toast/"
    Sounds rather awful! Google iis your friend!
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I don't like underdone sweet potatos and when they are well done they are very soft. I don't think toast will work very well.
  • Westcoastgirl99
    Options
    I've seen recipes for sweet potato toast posted online. I haven't tried any, but here's a link with different variations: https://www.buzzfeed.com/crystalhatch/these-nine-sweet-potato-toasts-will-make-you-feel-healthy?utm_term=.gjll5vONO#.muV0YzoPo