Floor mat recommendations for concrete floor

Options
Hello
Just wanted to get some recommendations for a large mat or flooring to put over the concrete in the garage. Need something for shock absorption. Our old bones need a bit of help. Currently doing T25. Thank you for the help.

Replies

• giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    3/4" stall horse stall mats from Tractor Supply. 3'x6' around $42 a piece.
  • unicornpickles
    unicornpickles Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Great idea , thanks
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    Second vote for Tractor Supply Mats. Bought two for my weight setup in the basement. Be aware, they're quite hefty, you may need plenty of extra hands to get them loaded/unloaded and in place.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Ditto.

Use 1 for my DL area and 1 under my rack to protect the concrete floor. However, the one I use under the rack is thinner in order to avoid rocking/instability.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I haven't used horse stall mats because I ended getting used some wall to wall rubber flooring my trainer had in his studio. But I had tried various kinds of area matting before that and all of it slipped and was not sturdy.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I use a pair of area rugs stacked in my basement. They provide sufficient cushioning when stacked.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I have five 1/2” rubber stall mats I got for free because one of the local Crossfit gyms moved and was tossing them. I took home a huge stack of 3/4” pieces and built blocks and placed in other areas of my basement. Yep, that was free too. Lol
  • parka393
    parka393 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ef2jegriz890.jpg
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You can buy rolled rubber flooring from companies like Rogue fitness or Titan but the tractor supply mats are the way to go and they usually have them on sale around holiday weekends.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I second the bass boat! Lol
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I second the bass boat! Lol

But...but....it doesn't even have a floor mat.

I'm sure there's a connection somewhere and I'm just missing it. Maybe another cup of coffee will help.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    We use this sort of thing ... they are interlocking foam mats that are quite durable, and since they're interlocking you can put them in whatever pattern suits you.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/polytuf-50-x-50cm-solid-black-foam-mats-4-pack_p4490382

2e4418b6-4514-4b17-aff4-22542c42d8fe.jpg
  • unicornpickles
    Options
    With the interlocking mats was they any problems when you jumping around on them ?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,835 Member
    Options
    With the interlocking mats was they any problems when you jumping around on them ?

I don't think I've ever jumped on them. My weight sets and bench sit on them. I walk on them and do some stretching on them.

They fill the whole area, so they aren't going anywhere ... sliding around or whatever.

• unicornpickles
    Options
    Thanks everyone , I got two stall mats 7x4 by 1/2 inch. They rolled them up for me and put them in the back of my compact hatchback no problem lol. they work great for t25. Thanks again never even knew about these.