I get very discouraged and I think it's because of my belly

People are always asking me when I am due even after I have lost 24 pounds. I am diabetic type 2 and have most of my fat in the belly, butt and thighs. the belly bothers me the most.

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,585 Member
    I hope you tell them not to be so bleddy rude?! Hula hoop is a great way to reduce your waistline, and if you don't fancy doiing it for real it's fun on the Wii too x
  • amfaery
    amfaery Posts: 267 Member
    mine too, I have yucky stuff goiing on that never went away post pregnancy, I think I will need surgery when I am done with my weight lose to fix it, you are not alone !!! :)
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Cardio is waht burns the fat, unfortunately we can't decide where it comes off! I say do lots of cardio to burn off the fat (it really does work, my belly is finally going away, as well as my inner thigh bulges!) Do soem weights as well to help tone up and build muscle which will burn more of the fat!
  • lwdllc
    lwdllc Posts: 234 Member
    I have always had a belly, have you ever done any pilates or other core exercises? I know sometimes that's not enough, but doing 10 minute target toning with Cindy Whitmarsh has substantially started to tighten up my center finally. 3 times a week, 10 minutes, that's all. You can do it!
    Laura
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    keep doing what you're doing and heck with the rude ppl. In the meantime, I've heard really good things about 'IT WORKS' body wraps. I did some research & they're the same as the movie stars use to 'firm up' for bikini scenes & stuff. They have a web site - maybe try that? Better than lipo
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Hula hoop sounds fun, I haven't seen one in years! Do they still sell them in the Toy Departments?
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    I definitely have the same problem! I feel larger than people who outweigh me by a lot, mainly because my body is pretty disproportionate.

I focus on core work and that has helped me a lot. I'm a cardio-addict, as I mainly am a runner, but that really did nothing for my belly. Core work is the only thing that gives me results!

Hang in there! 24lbs. is an amazing loss -- you'll get rid of that belly sooner or later!
  • jnwl905
    jnwl905 Posts: 14
    I know how you feel because those of my trouble areas also but I keep reminding myself everything comes with time. It is hard not to become discouraged but I know if we keep going it will be worth it in the end. :happy:
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    I've heard (and this holds true for my body) that fat comes off on a last on, first off basis. For me the first place I gain weight is in my lower abdomen and hips so it's the last place it comes off. I can tell I've lost a bunch of weight in my face though since that's the last place my body put it on. Just keep up the exercising and you'll keep losing. Eventually the fat will release from your midsection.
  • i also seem to have the gene that most of my weight is carried in my belly, i remember someone asking my mother when she was due, and she certainlywas not pregnant.. i remember getting so discouraged about my belly, and it may be the cheaters way out, but i had a tummy tuck, and i am so completely thrilled with it. that was 3 years ago, and although my weight still fluctuates, at least i dont have that feeling of disgust of my belly, i can at least feel encouraged that i can look better. before, i just felt hopeless that it didnt matter what i lost, i will still have it. if i offend others, i am sorry but i whole heartedly recommend it for self esteem!
  • Great job on your weight loss. You look great!
    Drink LOTS of water to keep belly bloat away! If you are not drinking at least 8 cups per day, water weight can bloat your belly. If I don't drink my 2liters of water a day, I notice my belly bloating within a few days.
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    I'm am now a true believer that avacados reduce belly fat. I've lost 30 lbs., and 10" were off my middle. My belly is slowly disappearing. I don't know what else I'm doing because I can't do crunches because of my back pain. I do the twist dance mildly, and I try to keep up with my daughter and her way of shakin' that groove thing. HaHa! I do practice holding in (using the stomach muscles) tightening my core until it hurts when I think of it. At least once a day. And, bend from side to side, trying to tighten the tummy muscles as much as I can. It's funny because I can actually FEEL those muscles now, when 4 mos. ago I didn't even know they still existed. It's a very slow process, but it is going down. Don't get discouraged, just keep working on it.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    I don't get asked when I'm due, thank goodness, but that's due to always holding my stomach in and good undergarments!

I know how you feel tho. I was watching some women go in and out of a store the other day and thinking "I can't wait til I'm that size"...then I realized that my arms were actually thinner than theirs, same with my legs! They had fat evenly all over so didn't have the belly I have. But I know if you lined me up next to them, people would say I'm the more overweight one because of my belly.

I'm doing circuit training like Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 - and planks, lots and lots of plank variations. It's funny (not) to see me in plank position, abs tight, and my belly is just hanging down in the middle. I can't wait til it's GONE, but I'll be happier when it's just not as noticeable.

One bright side to having a belly for a long time- even tho you might want a flat stomach, you'll probably still be ecstatic if you just end up with a little pooch. It'll seem like nothing after what you've carried all these years.

edited: Kept typing weight instead of wait. Freudian slip?
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Bridget Jones' Pants!

I wonder if people think you're pregnant because you are basically slim and gorgeous with a little belly? Perhaps they don't realise what it is because the rest of you is so trim!

Just a thought looking at your profile pic.
  • dawnmichelea
    dawnmichelea Posts: 112 Member
    Yes, to what Nancy Ann said about the avacados! When I started being really careful about my food intake, I did a ton of research. I have some friends that swore by the flat belly diet, so I took notice! I have never, and will never "diet", but I do incorporate good ideas into my eating plan. So much of the flat belly's concepts made sense to me. So basically all I do is make sure I have a bit of healthy fat with every meal. (avocado, olive, artichoke, dark chocolate, olive oil...etc) and it totally has done the trick! My belly is flatter than a pancake! (and yes, I've had 3 children) Go do your own research and see if it makes sense to you! ***By the way...I think you look great! I know words hurt though, and I'm so sorry your feelings have been hurt. Keep your head up and persevere!
  • moefitt
    moefitt Posts: 15 Member
    Cardio exercises help burn fat but targeting the area with resistance exercises will build muscle, which will also burn fat in the area.