Reaching your goal

Options
Mellzxo
Mellzxo Posts: 17 Member
Hi guys. I was wondering that if you reach your goal on certain things is it good? Like with the food log? Like for example I reached fibre and carbs today. Yesterday I reached my fat content. (Which scared me) I’m wondering are you supposed to be eating enough to reach these? I am confused on how it works. Also feel free to add me!

My name is Melanie. I’m 28 and I’m from eastern Canada :) my diary is also unlocked! I’d love to see some of your diary’s as well :)

Replies

• BradR_82
    BradR_82 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It always confuses me too, so I don't pay much attention to it (maybe I should!) I think I'd need a full time nutritionist to help me meet and not exceed the daily targets!! :|
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Macros are personal preference - there are lots of different ways to look at them, and they can affect satiety, but don't directly affect weight loss.

Many here look at protein and fat (and fiber) as goals to reach or exceed and let carbs fall where they may. If you notice you feel better, or less hungry, on days where one macro is a bit lower or higher you can always change your goals.

And don't be afraid of fat! Fat doesn't make you fat, excess calories do :smiley: Good luck!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It depends on the value. Some of them can be considered minimums, some are considered maximums. And some are individual preferences -- one person may see fat as a minimum, another as a maximum.

Generally, unless you have a medical reasons to limit a specific macro/micronutrient, I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about it.

You don't have to be scared about reaching any of them. If you see long term trends you'd like to change, you can use the information you've collected to help you do that. But none of it is should be making you anxious or fearful. It's just one day!

I personally consider fiber and fat to be minimums -- that is, I want to generally eat *at least* that much (but if I miss it on one day, I don't really care). Carbohydrates I don't limit, so I don't care if I go over or under in a given day.
  • Mellzxo
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Macros are personal preference - there are lots of different ways to look at them, and they can affect satiety, but don't directly affect weight loss.

Many here look at protein and fat (and fiber) as goals to reach or exceed and let carbs fall where they may. If you notice you feel better, or less hungry, on days where one macro is a bit lower or higher you can always change your goals.

And don't be afraid of fat! Fat doesn't make you fat, excess calories do :smiley: Good luck!

Thank you so much! I don’t ever go over my calories. I notice when I do eat more carbs, I am full for a much longer period of time. I don’t end up eating as much otherwise. I don’t have any medical reasons but I was just wondering about it overall! Thank you again for the bell & have a great weekend!

• Mellzxo
    Options
    BradR_82 wrote: »
    It always confuses me too, so I don't pay much attention to it (maybe I should!) I think I'd need a full time nutritionist to help me meet and not exceed the daily targets!! :|

I just got a referral to a nutritionist so maybe she can help me once the application is accepted. I’d like to see if I’m doing things right and what she thinks about the app.
  • jeffjeff85
    jeffjeff85 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    How do you see the diary?