Unforeseen success

So I haven't really begun to notice much in terms of physical change since I started dieting and working out (not saying they're not happening, because they are!) However, I have felt more emotionally and mentally stable and I haven't had a single day where I felt too depressed or insignificant since I began this journey.

To me that is the real success, even if I never saw the pounds fall off!

Replies

• motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Those are the best changes! We all want to look good but I know that, I for sure, mostly want to feel good. Congratulations - you will soon begin to really appreciate the physical changes too. X
  • inherentst0rm
    inherentst0rm Posts: 84 Member
    Those are the best changes! We all want to look good but I know that, I for sure, mostly want to feel good. Congratulations - you will soon begin to really appreciate the physical changes too. X

Thank you! I am noticing the scale going down a little each week already! I just enjoy having something to keep my mind occupied now!
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    That's a good side-effect for your journey. Good Luck.
  • inherentst0rm
    inherentst0rm Posts: 84 Member
    cesse47 wrote: »
    That's a good side-effect for your journey. Good Luck.

Thank you!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Yes taking care of yourself is good for the mind. Best of luck!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    That is an amazing success! When I am doing well, and actually sticking to my routine, I find it helps with my anxiety and depression as well. Keep up the fantastic work!!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Regular exercise has been a very important part of my mental health as well. My doctor has encouraged it to manage my anxiety and help keep me from having to use my medications as much. It worked better than I could have imagined. I make it a priority for my mental health as much as my physical now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!