UK people - recommend me a good frying pan please

Options
Our frying pan has pretty much given up the ghost, I've had it years and it's been great, but it's losing the non-stick coating so my omlette yesterday ended up with half of it stuck in the pan. So, what are your recommendations for a good non-stick large frying pan? I don't mind the price, if it is worth it.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    find one with a copper bottom. mine is fantastic, i think my mum got it from Tesco, its non stick and really heavy, so so good!
  • strawberryshortbread
    Options
    As daft as it sounds i actually use a wok! :) works for me
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I always end up getting the biggest one from Ikea...
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I don't make a lot of omelettes, but I have a couple of fantastic frying pans from Judge. They have nice heavy bottoms and a really tough non-stick coating that 5 years on is still as good as new. One is large (28cm). It didn't come with a lid, but I got a glass one from Le Cruset that fits perectly. I also have a slightly smaller (26cm) sauté pan which is a deep frying pan with a lid. This is the one I use practically all the time.

Téfal also do an excellent range of non-stick pans and they have a red heat-spot which is supposed to indicate when it's at optimum temperature. I've never owned one, but I used to have a lot of Téfal non-stick pans in the 90s. [that was when I had a green colour-coordinated kitchen; now I prefer stainless steel - classic :happy: )

Stellar is also another really good brand.

I'd pop down to John Lewis in Bluewater if I were you and have a look at their range... you can always compare prices in House of Fraser. And there's a Lakeland shop there too. I used to love shopping in Bluewater...but days of excess spending and eating are hopefully behind me :wink:
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I like the Anolon (Spelling?) pan we got about 8 years ago. Non-stick with a vented lid and it spreads the heat around nicely. And it does great pancakes
  • maclynn62
    Options
    hi, i got my last one out of home bargains, it was a non stick, only about , £3, and, has lasted ages
  • mrdavidjk
    mrdavidjk Posts: 105
    Options
    the best frying pan pan to get is a cast iron pan, they will last forever, and once seasoned will be non stick.
    non stick pans are ok as long as you dont scour them or scratch them.