Anyone trying this as a change from WW?

Options
I'm looking to get a good network of friends on here so I hope some of you will add me. I'm 5'2" and started 5 years ago at 178 lbs. I lost about 50 lbs in WW. I got down to 119 at one point and have managed to keep it off for 5 years. But over the summer (too many social events!) I gained a few pounds back and now I'm at 127. I don't want to pay for WW again and the point thing was just getting too difficult and complicated. I loved the idea of this ap and simply tracking and counting calories. Going to try to get rid of this extra 8 pounds with MyFitnessPal. Need to lose it before Christmas because lord knows I have a weakness for Christmas cookies and I have to be prepared to gain 2 or 3 lbs back in December!! LOL!

If anyone is on a simlar journey and wants to add me as a friend I'd appreciate it. Reading other peoples stories and recommendations is always a huge help and inspiration for me!

Thanks!
Kim

Replies

• emy10284
    emy10284 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    yes i was doing ww back in may but once my membership ended i came here and i actually follow with this a lot more and find it easier and even more enjoyable i guess maybe its more convenient im not really sure
  • Hi there. I quit WW last night after a friend invited me to try this site with her. So far I love all the tracking tools! I was very confused as to why WW now allows you to eat unlimited amounts of both fruits & veg. In my opinion you could go way over on calories & carbs that way! I think I was just bored with WW and needed something new. I sort of just always used WW as a guideline but never really stuck to it. It just always helped me make better decisions when you saw the point values of foods. I must have spent hundreds of dollars clinging onto WW as my safety net, it was always there just in case I needed it. Glad this is FREE, LOVE that! Good luck on here, it looks like fun to me! I love seeing all the numbers right on my home page, it will keep me motivated for sure!!
  • prettyash76
    Options
    Yes, I have been on ww several times. Lost lots of weight on it, but I like MFP better. The people are more engaging and motivating.
  • maclynn62
    Options
    hi, i previously lost 8st with slimming world, but, got very bored with it, joined ww, left than went back to ww, really couldn't do ww, much to long to work out points, and didn't want to pay member ship or by special products, so doing calorie counting, only first week, day 5 and enjoying it good luck x
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    I've done WW in the past and lost, then gained...........but I refuse to pay for something when I know what to do, the only way to lose weight is to eat healthily and exercise regularly. This site is great, it tracks what you eat, the exercise you do and there are some lovely supportive people here.
    Welcome to MFP
    Shaz
  • bcatalano89
    Options
    i too was on WW recently and I do like this just as much if not better. I tend to track more because its easier to follow and sometimes although WW had alot to offer i found it to be overwhelming at times. and plus its free!! I am on my final 8-10 pound stretch myself so good luck!!
  • kimcatania
    Options
    I hear ya. I've paid through the nose for WW as a safety net too! I think the calorie tracking on here is so much easier. And I find the site itself to be more user friendly. I think it's weird too about unlimited fruits and veggies with WW. Plus, I tended to go overboard with Flex points alot. I like the idea of having a simple daily calorie goal and no match to calculate points. So far so good on here. I think I also just got bored with ww. I feel totally rejuevinated with MFP and I'm ready to lose some weight! :-)
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I tried WW years ago but it was too tracking intensive for me (lazy). I love MFP cause i just scan my foods with my iphone and load them. I get to see real time updates in an easy to read format and I can make my food decisions based on my daily count. so easy. I know if I want that cookie and its going to put my calories in the red, I need to go out and do a couple laps around the block.