Intermittent Fasting

Options
Hello my fellow fitness pals,
Anyone have any feedback on intermittent fasting?
I’ve heard so many success stories and I’m 2 days in...

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Personally, i hated it.. always felt starving. But as long as you like it, that is what matters
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast. It is not the most important meal for me, in which I save a few calories for dinner with my family.
  • AvandHK
    AvandHK Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I used to do it and I lost a tone of weight i would fast and right before I broke my fast I’d go on an hour walk and then I’d eat sooo much and still lose fat

Now I don’t do it because it made me feel like bad and tired and moody if you can do it definitely do it I just can’t do it anymore
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    LoriGo77 wrote: »
    Hello my fellow fitness pals,
    Anyone have any feedback on intermittent fasting?
    I’ve heard so many success stories and I’m 2 days in...

You will need to track what you eat and make sure you stay in a calorie deficit. Re-arranging how you eat will not result in weight loss by itself.

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting is so greatly misunderstood. Intermittent means sometimes, not daily. Daily fasting is eating and not eating windows to manage calories. No matter how you dice it up, fat loss is about calories in a 24 hour block related to your TDEE. Everything is relative to your TDEE.

Anything slightly under your TDEE in a 24 hour block, extended out 30-90 days will give you results.

Fasting in between meals a little longer can work sometimes, sometimes not. Every day can be different, whatever you do don't get stuck in a rut thinking it has to be a certain way. Dice up the calories in whatever chunks you want on how your day is going, sleep, stress, etc.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    There’s no benefit to it in terms of body composition. It’s only an eating schedule
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I find an IF window of 16:8 great. It helps me because if I eat breakfast in the morning, I'm so hungry the rest of the day. If I skip it and wait until the afternoon, my appetite is greatly reduced, so it helps me stay within my allotted calories for the day.
  • kfields171
    kfields171 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been IF for 2 weeks now, One meal a day (OMAD). I began doing this 3 days a week, 16/8 the other four days. To be honest I feel my best on the 20/4 days. We walk for 3 miles in the p.m. prior to breaking the fast for dinner. I not only feel so much better and have more energy and clarity but it also helps me maintain my 1200 cal daily goal over the week span. If we have a splurge day it helps balance my numbers. It works for me!
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I've done a 16/8 for years. It's a way of life for me now so I'll never stop. It's not magic. It didn't help me lose any weight but It helps me to be totally aware of what I'm eating and gave control of what I eat and when.