Noobie Gains and Not Gaining, need help.

Options
I’m new to bodybuilding and I’ve struggled with gaining weight eating about 3500 calories a day (trying 4000 now). I had a question about noobie gains and what they were and how long it lasts? Since I’m a beginner is it possible that the scale isn’t changing because my muscle is growing and fat decreasing slightly? I can see slight changes in before/after pictures but I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong since I’m not gaining weight.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    How long have you been tracking your calories and not gaining? And what program are you running? What's you height and weight and do you know your BF%?
  • From9five
    From9five Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Noob gains are typically when youre able to consistently lift more and more weight every training session. It is possible that your body is recomping (losing fat/gaining muscle/strength at the same time) basically if your getting stronger then your still in the noob stage, changes to the way you look take time. How long have you been training seriously for? What program are you following?
  • natethebait
    natethebait Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    How long have you been tracking your calories and not gaining? And what program are you running? What's you height and weight and do you know your BF%?

I’ve been tracking my calories since May of this year when I first started to lose weight. My program is Jim Stoppani’s 12 week beginner to advanced workout. 6’0 & 184.5 lbs. I don’t know my bf but I’d assume it’s higher than what’s ideal when you bulk.
    From9five wrote: »
    Noob gains are typically when youre able to consistently lift more and more weight every training session. It is possible that your body is recomping (losing fat/gaining muscle/strength at the same time) basically if your getting stronger then your still in the noob stage, changes to the way you look take time. How long have you been training seriously for? What program are you following?

I’ve been exercising seriously for months now. I’m new to bulking and this will be my 6th week. I’m following Jim Stoppani’s 12 week program.

Thanks for the help guys :D