CRAVINGS

Options
I have been tracking calories for over a year and am at a great weight and physique, but recently, I am having MAJOR sugar/sweet cravings! Any suggestions?

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    think about what you've been eating that is new and different...and see if there is a correlation between the new hunger and that food, For me, oddly enough.. when I chew sugar free gum.. I get cravings or feel hungry.

I cut out all sugar and artificial sweeteners when I was losing my weight..then started chewing gum after I lost and started getting cravings.. it was the gum. I also find when I eat processed soups in a can.. I get real hungry after I eat that. I think this is where food journaling is most important; document the foods that work for you,
  • etfan
    etfan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great advice above from @elisa123gal. For me, cravings reappear and intensify after a few days of eating too many carbs— about 50-60 g/day seems to be my limit. I’ve always been a carb junkie and am amazed how the cravings go away if I limit them. Keep track of what you’re eating and other craving triggers and you CAN get them under control. Good luck!
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Give yourself permission to save up some calories one day and have a slice of pie. It's filling and it's sweet. The next six days, eat an apple or pear instead when you're overcome by that sugar craving. I found that giving in to the craving once in awhile didn't trigger a non-stop blow-out backslide. And since I was still eating at a deficit, there were no weight gain repercussions. Do an extra 30 minutes of exercise and you'll stay on track.