Water Weight?

Options
I've recently statted to get serious about the weight I gained while I was pregnant with each child as I find my self very unhappy with my body. I started working out about 3months ago & go an average of 60mins of cardio (different forms) 3times a week. I lost NOTHING, not even 1/2lb and watched what I ate but didnt track. I heard that drinking enough water is key to losing weight as your body needs to be hydrated but since I've bumped up my water intake to a solid 6-8glasses a day I feel like I'm bloated all the time.
I hurt my knee pretty good & havent worked out in the last 2 weeks but managed to lose 2lbs.....but still feel my pants are just as tight, any advice??

btw I am new to this site so I'm sorry if this is a repeat post! Thanks in advance for your help!!

Replies

• paulagabay
    Options
    just keep doing what you are doing and watching what you eat. You will see results. They say muscle weighs more than fat. You probably heard that before. Don't be discouraged. I need to listen to my own advice. I hope your knee feels better real soon.
  • Chinni_2011
    Options
    Watching what you eat may seem to be correct BUT you will know get the REAL numbers once you start tracking.

Since you just bumped you water intake , you may be feeling bloated. As your body gets used to it, you will not feel that.

I would suggest start tracking the calories and keep it more protein, fruits and veggies (less carbs ). Keep drinking atleast 8 glasses of water per day, You will see a change.
  • Fitladyboo
    Options
    The idea that muscle weighs more than fat is misunderstood. One pound of muscle is the same as one pound of fat BUT the difference is having 5 lbs of muscle does not look and work the same on and in your body as 5 lbs of fat. :)