Reflections of protein intakes by Eric Helms

Options
https://www.strongerbyscience.com/reflecting-on-five-years-studying-protein/

Just wanted to provide the above link. It is a very well written article by Eric Helms regarding protein requirements.

The one thing that really caught my eye was the impact of timed protein in trained vs untrained individuals

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Good read, thanks for posting.

Cheers, h.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Very complicated matter as far as how important is quantity vs frequency of dosing (not as straight forward as say for drugs). Topic of IF & protein intake addressed in some videos by Nippard a few months ago
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    @Keto_Vampire, could you please post some of the research.

I decided to start eating breakfast (not a natural thing for me) just to get my protein in and would be interested in how protein is handled doing IF.

Cheers, h.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    @Keto_Vampire, could you please post some of the research.

I decided to start eating breakfast (not a natural thing for me) just to get my protein in and would be interested in how protein is handled doing IF.

Cheers, h.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRehf1L231Q[youtube/]
    Timestamp 47:28 (IF and protein intake). Brings up some interesting points on whey protein (idealized) vs. slower digesting (more realistic) ingestion of protein. Not an advocate of using WPI in conjunction with IF; real food seems more optimal if you go this route (unless you are liberal in the term of fasting; some do WPI &/or BCAAs/EAAs during a "fast")

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these links. I'll come back to them when time permits.
  • MagnumOpus1
    MagnumOpus1 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bookmarked. Thanks.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Good read.

Glad to see more ariticles being written about that the standard recommended protien intake might be on the light side as a "catch all" for optimal results for everybody.

I wish he stated some of the demographics of who might need more protien; e.g. more advanced age, less male, non carnivorous, etc.

Ty for posting.

• LJay89
    LJay89 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Good read.

Glad to see more ariticles being written about that the standard recommended protien intake might be on the light side as a "catch all" for optimal results for everybody.

I wish he stated some of the demographics of who might need more protien; e.g. more advanced age, less male, non carnivorous, etc.

Ty for posting.

I do look out for your comments on the message boards as I found them insightful and entertaining... "less male" ☺
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    Very good article