30 Day Weight Loss Challenge

Options
2»

Replies

• wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Day 3: thinspiration! Natalie Portman (sorry for no picture:flowerforyou: )
    Day 4: "biggest" fear....gaining it back
  • lee155
    lee155 Posts: 120
    Options
    Day One- Your stats
    Female 20yrs old, 190 pounds Brown hair/Brown eyes

Day Two- How tall are you? Do you like your height?
    I'm 5'7 not that tall.

Day Three- A picture of your thinsperation. What features do you like about this person?
    Britney "slave 4 u" body, I want those abs so bad. no pic sorry

Day Four- Your greatest fears about weight loss.
    Gaining it back
  • CarolTempleton
    CarolTempleton Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Day Five- Why do you really want to lose this weight? Are you doing it for you?

I am losing weight for me and to be healthy, live longer, have more energy and quite honestly, look great in a wedding dress, there is nothing wrong with that.
  • wintermama13
    Options
    Day 5: losing weight for myself. But also for everyone I meet. And so I can look and feel great when I get married to my favorite!!:love: (there is nothing wrong with wanting to look great in a wedding dress :smile:
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    Day Six- Do you binge? If so, explain why you think you do.

Yes and I think its because one I am bored, two stress and three I just love food, the taste of things I like to eat. Its a real problem I am trying to overcome.
  • kdm97
    kdm97 Posts: 111
    Options
    bump
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day Five- Why do you really want to lose this weight? Are you doing it for you?

I am losing weight because I want to feel comfortable and good about myself when I look in the mirror. Over the past few years I have steadily put on weight (about 20lbs in total) and I was really unhappy with that. So, in January I decided to be proactive and make a lifestyle change to eat healthy and be fit. I joined MFP and started out doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I haven't looked back since (except when I fell of the wagon a bit in April... I was finishing up my degree in Education and it was super stressful and intense). Now I'm 16lbs lighter and almost at my goal weight of 130. I love that I feel stronger and have more energy and I actually find that I look forward to working out!
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Oh yay! I would love to do this! I see that I'm a little behind so here are my Days 1 - 6.

Day One: Your Stats
    currently weigh 246 lbs
    Brown Hair
    Green Eyes
    Exercise Routine - Power 90, EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii, Walking, and occasionally Just Dance 2

Day Two: How tall are you? Do you like your height?
    I am 5'8". Now that I am older, yes. It was a pain in high school because for a while I was taller than a lot of guys and it was kind of weird. But now that I'm older I fit in more with the normal height of everyone. I'm still usually one of the taller females, but I'm totally ok with that. And over the past few years I've learned to love my height because it doesn't make me look as big as I am. People are always shocked when they hear how much I really weigh.

Day Three: A picture of your 'Thinspiration'. What features do you like about this person?
    america-ferrera-royal-blue-monique-lhuillier-gown-emmy-awards-2007.jpg
    America Ferrera. She is around a size 10 and she looks amazing and healthy... but still has curves. With my body structure, I know that I'm not going to look good at a size 6 or smaller. I have wide hips and wide shoulders. It's just not going to work. Plus, I actually like my curves... and so does my fiance. haha. But in all seriousness, I just want to look healthy and FEEL healthy. And I think that America Ferrera has done that, which is why she is my Thinspiration.

Day Four: Your greatest fears about weight loss.
    1 - Not being able to reach the goal I set for myself within the time frame I have. I have until Oct of 2012 to get down to my goal weight, but I how I can be with procrastination and being lazy. And I'm afraid that something is going to slip, I'm going to loose my mojo, and go back to being exactly how I was before.
    2 - Once I reach my goal, I'm afraid that I may change. I know that I will have WAY better self-confidence, but I don't know how it's going to affect me. Is is going to go to my head? Am I still going to act the way I do now? Am I going to be mean about? I don't know what to expect and it legit scares me.
    3 - I know relationships aren't all about looks, but one of the reasons Josh was first attracted to me was because I was chubby. I know he loves me for more than just my looks, but I'm afraid that it may change if I loose all of the weight. He and I have talked about it and he keeps telling me that I have nothing to worry about, but it still scares me. He keeps letting me that if anything, this whole process is making him even more attracted to me because of my determination, fire, and fight to be successful. He tells me almost every other day how proud he is of me and how great I'm doing. But deep down, no matter what he says, that fear will still be there.

Day Five: Why do you really want to lose this weight? Are you doing it for you?
    Again, I have several reasons:
    1. I do NOT want to be a Diabetic in my 20s or 30s. Not even my 40s. Heck... NEVER! But it is a common disease that runs in my family on both sides and I am practically at a 99.9% risk of getting it. But if you've read my blog from the first post to know, you know that the fire that really got me going was my Dr. telling me that at age 25, if I gained any more weight I would be diabetic. So, thus began my journey. And here I am, so far, 19 lbs lighter with a lot more to go.
    2. For my overall health. See above. Not only does diabetes run in my family, so does Cancer. Risks can be reduced if my weight is reduced.
    3. For my future children. If I stay the way that I am, I'm not going to be able to keep up with them and I'm going to encourage unhealthy eating habits. If I get in shape and loose weight, I will be able to keep up with them, make sure that they (and me) stay active, and can encourage healthy eating.
    4. To have a better selection to look at for wedding dresses and look FABULOUS at my wedding. haha

Day Six: Do you binge? Explain why you think you do.
    I still do sometimes. Not nearly as much as I used to (almost daily), but I still do it. I know that before it used to be a comfort thing, then is just turned into habit. And now it's a habit that I'm still working on breaking. The last time binged was the last weekend in July, but I allowed myself some leeway that weekend because it was the weekend of my Engagement Party. I wanted to be able to relax and enjoy myself and not worry about counting calories. I still ate smaller portions and was full after 1 plate of food in which the food did not go over the lip of the plate and you could still see good size portions of the plate on the bottom. Before I probably would have gotten up to get seconds after all ready having a heaping plate.
    I've been wanting to binge lately but I've been stopping myself from doing it. I think right now the reason I want to do it is because I'm stressed about school. When I get stressed, I want to eat because it makes me feel better. Plus (TMI Alert) Francesca, A.K.A TOM or Aunt Flo, is here. But it's mostly an emotional thing that I'm am slowly conquering one day at a time!
  • wintermama13
    Options
    Day 6: Do I binge? Yes. Why? Everything. To celebrate, to mourn, for something to do. I bite my nails like crazy too. I think it's a big comfort thing as well.
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    Day Seven- Do your parents know you’re trying to lose weight? Do they care?

Yes and yes they care a little too much I think...
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    So I am still particitpating with this Challenge, but I'm going it on my blog instead of in the thread. If you'd like to look, here is the link to my blog: http://feedsparingly.blogspot.com/
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day Six- Do you binge? If so, explain why you think you do.

There is the odd time that I do go way over my calorie allotment for the day (like yesterday for example... sushi for lunch, pizza for dinner, chocolate bar for a snack...). I enjoy food and even though I'm trying to lead a healthy lifestyle, I understand that there are going to be days once in a while where I just want to eat what I want to and not worry about it. I just brush it off and get back on track the next day.

Day Seven- Do your parents know you’re trying to lose weight? Do they care?

I'm not particularly close with either of my parents. I have discussed my weight loss and healthy lifestyle journey with my mom. She is currently also losing weight with Weight Watchers so we have that in common to talk about. I mentioned it to my father but I don't think it's anything he is interested in. He is more focused on the fact that I am moving away to another country in a month.

Day Eight- Your workout routine.

I try to work out 5-6 days a week for at least a half an hour. I am currently in the last week of the Burn Phase of ChaLean Extreme and I am loving it. It consists of 3 days of strength training and 2 days of cardio. I have also been adding another cardio day in on the scheduled "rest days" to make it 6 days a week instead of 5. On that extra day I either do JIllian Michaels' Burn Fat Boost Metabolism or a Zumba workout. Prior to beginning ChaLean Extreme, I completed two rounds of Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    Day Eight- Your workout routine.
    Lately nothing, but I plan on walking a lot and get back to swimming before the summer is over.....

Day Nine- Did people ever make comments about your weight in a negative way?
    Oh yes, they look at me and tell me I'm fat, I need to lose weight, I was much prettier when I was thinner. What happened? I tell them good food, but really its all BAD food. So time to eat healthier and make some changes in my lifestyle.
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    Day Ten- What was the hardest thing you gave up during this “weight loss.”

I think Fastfood, its easy to just go get it, now I have to cook everyday and plus I think its better cause I know what going in my food and not some stranger handling my food, we don't know where their hands have been...yuck...Oh I had to give up chips and ice cream and chocolate, but i am getting use to it. More fruits and veggies all healthy foods better for my body. I sometimes miss somethings, but I am ok with it now...
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    Day Eleven- Your favorite thinspo blog and why!

Don't have one, don't read much blogs
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    Day Twelve- What do you normally eat?

Breakfast always has to be scrambled eggs and maybe bacon, but I'm good just eating eggs

Lunch well depends, salads, grilled chicken...whatever I can get

Dinner hmmm everyday is different, grilled squash, zuchinni, spaghetti, chicken nuggets, whatever I feel like making
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    Day Thirteen- Are you losing weight in a healthy or unhealthy way?

I think its in a healthy way cause I'm only losing a couple pounds per week and keep them off. Don't want my weight to bounce around, like lose a lot then gain some back...I hate that
  • CarolTempleton
    Options
    Day fourteen- What’s your UGW? When you expect to reach it? Goal weight i want to be around 130, but if I get to 150 I will be Happy. I want to reach it by summer 2012

Day Fifteen- Are you vegan or vegetarian? If so, has this helped you lose weight? If not, would you ever consider turning vegan or vegetarian? Not a Vegan and yes I have considered it. gonna try eating lean meat only once a week after labor day weekend.

Day Sixteen- When did you first decide to lose weight?Back in 2008 when I just didn't have the energy to do anything.

Day Seventeen- Do you have an eating disorder? I don't think so

Day Eighteen- What food is your weakness? Chips, especially when I add cheese

Day Nineteen- When is the last time you ate fast food? This morning Had hardees breakfast sandwich, yikes

Day Twenty- Favorite diet? So far results have been made when I juiced for 2 wks, lost 20lbs and kept it off
  • LilyJohnson
    Options
    Female
    Red Hair
    Gray Eyes
    248 pounds

Don´t know how tall I am and I like my Height
    I don´t have any thinspiration
    My greatest fear about weightloss is that I would get obsessed with losing weight
    I wan´t to lose weight because I am Obese and I would also like to shop for clothes in smaller sizes, and I am doing it for me :D