Garmin logging my activities twice in MFP - any fix?

Options
I have had my Garmin Forerunner 110 synced up to MFP without a problem for several months, but I recently also started using Strava (because I joined a new running club and that's what the coach uses). Ever since I've started doing that, my runs seem to get logged twice in MFP. I can easily delete the duplicated run, it's just a bit embarrassing when my MFP friend congratulate me on my 2 hour run when I've actually only done 1! :-)
Has anyone else had this issue and know of a fix? I currently have Garmin syncing with Strava and MFP (but don't have Strava linked to MFP). Maybe I need to disconnect Garmin from MFP and sync it to Strava instead? Any ideas?

Replies

• lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • sabotka
    sabotka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ever hear anything on this? I'm seeing the same thing. I'm assuming it's something Garmin must be doing. It's definitely related to Strava, because I on the duplicate exercise, I see the exact calorie count that matches what Strava calculates. It's got to be something that Garmin Connect is doing incorrectly.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Why not just turn off the sync feature of Strava to MFP? It's in your Strava profile?

ETA: Read that wrong - I thought Strava and Garmin connect were syncing....
    that's weird.

I would try exactly what you said. Disconnect Garmin Connect and just use Strava.
  • sabotka
    sabotka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Problem is, I actually go with the lower calorie count from Garmin, I use a HRM and trust those numbers way more than what Strava calculates.
  • JeraldTX
    JeraldTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with Runkeeper and Fitbit. I just make sure I delete one of the runs that come across before MFP posts the Activity to my page.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Are you renaming or editing the exercise on Garmin? I was having that issue.
  • EricBLivingston
    EricBLivingston Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue - Garmin Connect logs each activity twice in MyFitnessPal
  • bbittman
    bbittman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same issue here. Would be great if MFP listed the data source on the import (e.g., “Garmin Connect Running (jogging)...” so it was easier to troubleshoot if it’s Garmin Connect double logging or Garmin data importing from another app. Have been connecting and disconnecting apps to see if anything fixes it.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    bbittman wrote: »
    Would be great if MFP listed the data source on the import (e.g., “Garmin Connect Running (jogging)...”

The app does, for running at least. My runs from Strava have a Strava logo next to them - but it doesn't show up on the web site.
    I only sync Strava and not Garmin - TrainerRoad rides don't log in Garmin ;)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    bbittman wrote: »
    Same issue here. Would be great if MFP listed the data source on the import (e.g., “Garmin Connect Running (jogging)...” so it was easier to troubleshoot if it’s Garmin Connect double logging or Garmin data importing from another app. Have been connecting and disconnecting apps to see if anything fixes it.

I use my Garmin to track my workouts. The other day I lifted weights and ran on the treadmill. They were synced across to MFP as "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" and "Running (jogging), 5 mph (12 minute mile)". Below that, there was a "Garmin Connect Calorie Adjustment" which covered the remainder of my non-exercise activities for the day.
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Same here. I want to sync the Garmin for steps, Strava for cycling and running. (I use Wahoo's Elemnt for cycling, which won't sync with MFP.) I get all runs uploaded twice on MFP.
  • Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Same here. I want to sync the Garmin for steps, Strava for cycling and running. (I use Wahoo's Elemnt for cycling, which won't sync with MFP.) I get all runs uploaded twice on MFP.

Why would you not use Garmin for the cycling too? I sync my cycling to MFP and gave no issues. Garmin brings the same categories over as Strava would too.