Yoga/Pilates

Options
Hey y’all! I’d like to become more flexible! I really enjoy yoga and Pilates but I only have a few videos to follow. Is there any good programs or YouTube channels for yoga or/and Pilates I could follow? Anyone out there who does Yoga daily? Any tips?
I really like my cardio and lifting but I’d like to add in yoga too!

Replies

• FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I do yoga 4 times a week. The biggest tip I can give is take a class. Even if it's only a couple times a month. You will grow so much more with a live instructor watching & correcting your pose, giving hands on assistance to deepen the stretch, and helping you understand how a pose is supposed to feel.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Check out Pilates Anytime
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I second the classes, but outside of them: yoga with adriene on YouTube, and (a classic imho) Darcy Bussell Pilates for life DVD.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Yoga with Adriene....
  • UHElle
    UHElle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do yoga 4-5x a week and use(d) PsycheTruth when I first started and anytime I want to refine or learn a position. My favorite instructor from that channel is Sanela Osmanovic, who also has her own channel, Sanela Yoga. PsycheTruth always advertises that they're also available on Prime Video, but I've never checked it out. They offer a ton of other fitness, though, too. As GentlyGently said, I know a TON of people LOVE Yoga with Adriene, I've just always found Sanela to be more my vibe, and between her vids on PT and her channel, there's plenty to keep you busy. Good luck!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I agree with taking some classes in person to learn the proper forms. As far as online, I like Yoga with Adriene, but prefer Fightmaster Yoga. She focused a lot on intentions and always includes great motivational quotes/thoughts.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Classes at first is always a great way to go to get proper form down. On YouTube, I like Yoga with Adriene, Five Parks Yoga, Floating Yoga School, Heart Alchemy Yoga, Psychetruth, and Sarah Beth Yoga. They all have a little different flow style for different levels and what type workout you are looking for that day.
  • JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The house of yoga
  • cardus20
    cardus20 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I second the classes, but outside of them: yoga with adriene on YouTube, and (a classic imho) Darcy Bussell Pilates for life DVD.

This!! I love the Pilates for Life DVD - I only started doing it a couple of weeks ago but can already see that I'm getting better at it. I agree that classes are best to get proper form etc, but if you can't afford them this is definitely a good second best.
  • TheFlyOnTheWall
    TheFlyOnTheWall Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm following the advice to take a few classes - I did some youtube videos, having never done yoga before in my life, and ended up pulling a muscle in my back, around the shoulder blade area, and it hurt like the dickens!

So classes it is...then it's back to Adrienne!