Keto IF

Options
Hi I'm new to the dairy.
Looks great and looks like I've a lot to learn.
Say Hi if your on a Keto Intermittent Fast plan or follow Dr Berg on You Tube? Have you had effective results

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you just have to eat less than you burn. You can eat less of anything, and you can eat any time you want. Keto cuts calories from carbs. IF is just several formalized "feeding windows".

I have had great success from combining real, true, neutral, contextual and balanced information with finally using my common sense.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    This Dr. Berg? The chiropractor who has been fined and censured by the Virginia Board of Medicine for his shady practices?: https://www.casewatch.net/board/chiro/berg.shtml
  • mary2799
    mary2799 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on the keto if for 7 days and have lost about that many pounds, what I see the biggest difference in is my skin. it's not as dry. I have been watching kendberrymd on youtube. he has a lot of good info
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    The minute I saw some of his advice and his insistence that you can't do Keto without intermittent fasting, I decided Dr. Berg was a hack. Keto can most certainly be done with or without intermittent fasting. Chiropractors aren't real doctors.
  • mcja9543
    mcja9543 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mary2799
    I'm looking forward to my future.
  • melvynjj
    melvynjj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There have been some studies on IF that showed more benefits than just decreased caloric intake. Listen to Dr Rhonda Patrick for some really useful info.

For me, keto worked very well for the first 6 weeks or so, then I plateaud. I started doing IF, and it made me break through. I’m down over 30lbs in about 3 months.
  • mcja9543
    mcja9543 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I'll look R.P up.
  • Enriquo91
    Enriquo91 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Though limited in the beginning, keto is a great gateway to learning how to really evaluate the dietary value of food and, for some, becomes a permanent way of life. Once you start seeing food in this light, everything becomes clearer, making every day simpler.

If just starting out, I would say keto and IF together might be tough to stick to for a beginner, not to mention how your body may feel while becoming accustomed to these changes. Definitely still feel free to give it a go and see how things travel, but what worked for me was eating smaller high fat/protein rich meals regularly to better maintain satiety, then implemented IF after I was able to better manage my appetite and my variety of foods increased with the knowledge and understanding I'd begun to acquire.

Good luck with your goals and I hope you kick *kitten*!