How much do you actually weigh?

Options
So, do you login actually weight on MFP or do you enter something different? I have been logging slightly higher than what I see on the scale, because I don’t want that bump up on my weight loss graph. Just curious.

Replies

• NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself anymore, I am trusting the process, counting my calories and avoiding the scale. That number doesn't define me!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    amsuraj wrote: »
    I have been logging slightly higher than what I see on the scale, because I don’t want that bump up on my weight loss graph.

:huh:

:noway:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I log my weight, whatever it is, because I DO want that bump on the graph. Without it, my lowest lows would push my average lower than it should be and that would hurt my calorie comparison. Besides, I like keeping track of my weight range. If my highest high is lower than my highest high last month I know something is happening. If I'm not quite within my expected weight range it alerts me that some carelessness is starting to sneak into my routine.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I use my trend weight.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Huh
  • mlauster
    mlauster Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Is this a trick question? I’m going to go with actual weight.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I haved weighed myself each morning (naked after BM) for the past 28 months and logged the actual measurement into MFP, Libra and Excel, which I use to monitor my progress.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    When I was losing and absolutely sure I was in a deficit, I only recorded new lowest weights and ignored bounces. Since I have been in maintenance, I record the weight I have been seeing frequently with maybe a little "chatter" up and down which I don't bother recording. I didn't need a trending app to tell me I was losing at about the rate I wanted and I don't need one to tell me it is pretty stable in the range I want to be in.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    When I was losing, I did what @CarvedTones did and only updated my weight when I hit a new low. In maintenance I do not update my weight in MFP; I use Happy Scale to make sure my average weight is within my maintenance range.

I don't see why you would intentionally log incorrect data.

You need to be okay with normal weight fluctuations. Everyone's weight goes up and down by a couple of pounds on a daily basis. You are going to have a very bad time if a little upward movement on one day and a little downward movement on the next causes you to stress out. Weight loss is about your weight trending downward, rather than seeing a steady decline.

If you don't like seeing the graph go up and down, then I would recommend using an app like Libra or Happy Scale that gives you a smooth trend line.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week and log whatever the scale says.
  • FireVixen_Fayth
    FireVixen_Fayth Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself around 0100 before my*weigh in day tomorrow and it said I was at 291, each time I checked. Used the pallet scale at work today and it said I was 296. Which I highly doubt becauze that scale was off the other day as well.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Indeed actual weight depends on altitude. :D
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and update MyFitnessPal with any new lows.