HELLO ALL

Options
Im a newbe hear, cant wait to start seein the benifits of loosing weight :) hope you can spare 2mins to give me tips and advice.
i try to keep fit by jogging and going to the gym, but some days i lack motivation as my new little boy and the hubby likes to keep me busy, cleaning cooking ect x

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

Check out my links below if you need help with your running.

Keep at it, I'm a busy man but I still find time to do what I need.
  • lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Cleaning and cooking burn calories as well! Welcome to MFP, their is so much support here and motivation. I'm going to be a team captain in a September Challange, it's a different thing every week, to help push you to your max ability. If you are interested, let me know. I'm doing it to keep me motivated, and keep my pushing to the next level.
    Feel free to friend me if you'd like, I get down once in awhile, but try to be happy.
  • CrystalFlury
    CrystalFlury Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey! I too am new at MFP. I've never tried losing weight by controlling my diet and so far it seems to do the trick. In the past I lost about 40 lbs. from exercise alone and the I hit a dead end. Now I'm picking back up to see if I can REALLY hit my goal.

From my experience with the exercise end of it I'd have to say jogging is a good way to get in shape. That was my choice of workout. However, recently I did a little research and found out walking is a little more beneficial. You say you lack motivation to go jogging/go to the gym? I'd consider going for about 45-60 minute walk instead, maybe ask your husband to go with you. Having someone to go with (an exercise buddy) is really motivating. I lost that first bit of weight I had by keeping in check with my best friend from home. We would accompany each other to the gym at our local community college.

You might be wondering why I said give walking a try, as well as WHY for so long. Apparently when you walk at a brisk pace for over 30 minutes your body goes into fat burning mode. The first 30 minutes of the walk basically uses the more current food/energy in your system. After that your body turns to the stored fat (the fat yourself and everyone else here on MFP are trying to get rid of) for energy. Not only that but you're saving yourself from any potential injuries (knee issues in the future etc). We're humans, meant to walk as our mode of transportation and really, many people don't walk as much as they should.

Anyway, hope that was helpful, I could go on and on but I don't want to make a novel of it or anything. Good luck in your journey!
  • warriechic
    Options
    thank you both very much :D ... it seems like a very friendly site. i cant wait to get stuck in.
    good luck being team captin, im sure you will do really well!
    the links are fab!! thanx
    x
  • warriechic
    Options
    welcome to MFP to you also... your info is very helpfull thank you, i have a dog who got a bard back leg and finds it tough to keep up with a jog so i walk with him sometimes :D x