Love chocolate

Options
I am amazed at how many calories are in chocolate bars since I actually started looking. Can anyone suggest any "good" chocolate bars that I can indulge in? I don't want to give up all together. :sad:

Replies

• mzjandiace
    mzjandiace Posts: 162
    Options
    Skinny Cow has a candy bar! I love chocolate also.
  • Daniellerathey34
    Options
    I am a TOTAL chocolate lover, when I get a craving I turn to the weight watchers candies (I get them at Walmart) they have Mint Patties, English Toffee, Pecan Clusters Etc. for only 50 calories a piece otherwise the york mint patties minis are 50 calories a piece:) Good way to help the craving without ruining your day :)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I buy the childrens size cadbury bars (come in a pack of 6 at tesco), only 110 cals each. Also cadburys time outs (single finger) are around the 100 cals mark too, and finger of fudge is only a little bit higher
  • jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    well these aren't chocolate bars but i HIGHLY recommend them if you like chocolate-
    vitatops chocolate muffin
    or vitops brownie

they are both good (muffin has chocolate chips)
    100 cals per serving. 9-10g of fiber 2ish fat, only high thing is sugar (10g) but they also have a lot of vitamins in them and they're made with whole wheat flour. i sound like i work for them. i don't. they're just really good.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Nature valley makes some Granola Thins Crispy Squares with dark chocolate they are only 80 calories a square and very yummy. But I heard that dark chocolate in moderation is not bad at all and can clam down the chocolate crave.
  • francena84
    Options
    Skinny cow is the way to go and they are very delicious
  • tashacan
    tashacan Posts: 121
    Options
    Quaker has a rice cake that is Chocolate Crunch for 60 calories.
  • ChezBubbles
    ChezBubbles Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am a TOTAL chocolate lover, when I get a craving I turn to the weight watchers candies (I get them at Walmart) they have Mint Patties, English Toffee, Pecan Clusters Etc. for only 50 calories a piece otherwise the york mint patties minis are 50 calories a piece:) Good way to help the craving without ruining your day :)

This sounds good. Do they taste like real chocolate though??
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate...anything above 75%.
  • grainlady
    grainlady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/chocolate-chocolate-chip-banana-muffins.html

I am trying these this week. They look so yummy and chocolaty!
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    The Skinny Cow chocolate wafer bar and turtles are really tasty. Also, I like the 100 calorie Trader Joes chocolate bars.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I can indeed. Ghirardelli 60% dark chocolate squares. Eat 1 square and it satisfies any chocolate craving, is lower in calories and does not have all of the added milk and sugar that milk chocolate has (extra calories and fillers). You'll get a nice dose of antioxidants too!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I get bite size chocolates (Hershey's minatures) and hershey kisses. I like them because I pop them in my mouth adn suck on them like a hard candy. Also, hot cocoa can give you a fix or Carnation Breakfast drink.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Also, don't give it up all together. It's all about moderation and denying yourself something that you love is not going to help your healthy lifestyle.

Here's the health benefits of dark chocolate:

http://longevity.about.com/od/lifelongnutrition/p/chocolate.htm
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Russell Stover Sugar free chocolates! The peanut butter cups are sooooo good! They taste just like reeses or peanut butter meltaways!
  • ChezBubbles
    Options
    Sounds like I have been missing loads. Could you say whether you are buying these chocs in the UK or not please?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Do you drink tea? Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice tea is really good. Add a splash of milk and a little honey. This is a great substitute for hot chocolate.

I usually go for a 100 calorie pack of something - Chocolate covered pretzels, or Oreo Thins.
  • ChezBubbles
    Options
    I really, really faniced a Boost bar at lunch time and when I checked it was 305cals!!! I put it right back on the shelf :sad:
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    What's your all-time favorite candy bar? Does it come in a mini-size? If not, can you break it in half/freeze it? There's no law that says you have to eat it all at once, but there's also nothing that says you have to give it up completely, either. Portion control is key.

Although...for me, once I really got serious about eating better / less junk, I found that I really don't crave chocolate the way I used to. I still eat it once in a while and enjoy it immensely, but it's not the be all / end all anymore. I'm kind of conflicted about that. :laugh:
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Nature valley makes some Granola Thins Crispy Squares with dark chocolate they are only 80 calories a square and very yummy. But I heard that dark chocolate in moderation is not bad at all and can clam down the chocolate crave.

The Granola thins crisper squares are so good.

I also eat chocolate cereal... it seems to satisfy, plus I'm getting iron and fiber. Chocolate cheerios, chocolate mini wheats, cocoa Krispies, chocolate chex.