Typical Keto?

Options
Anyone want to share a typical Keto day? I’m struggling to find a balance of fat vs carbs

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Would it help you to know you don't need a balance of fat and carbs? The only thing you need for ketosis is carb restriction so eat your favorite foods within your carb/calorie limit and you're good to go. Meat and green vegetables as the foundation of a ketogenic diet seems typical to me but it's certainly not the only way.

MFP has active low carb and keto groups that are worth joining if you haven't yet - you'll find lots of food ideas, information and friendly people.
  • jsb0726
    jsb0726 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat two meals a day normally fatty red meat like ground beef or ribeye and a green leafy veg with cheese and olive oil or coconut oil to cook the meat in. Or I’ll do skin on chicken thighs with the same thing. Eggs are a great addition to boost fat intake. Avocados are also a staple in my diet now.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    And to add what AlabasterVerve said, you don't even have to do keto to lose weight. Many people struggle because they try to do what others do without understanding why they do it. Understand why, and you will know how you should do it.
  • mcja9543
    mcja9543 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So can I clarify I only have 18g of carbs per day as my macros indicate? Im going over every day. What was the 7 handfuls of vegetables a day I heard about? Did I misunderstand. ASAP folks day three tomorrow.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    mcja9543 wrote: »
    So can I clarify I only have 18g of carbs per day as my macros indicate? Im going over every day. What was the 7 handfuls of vegetables a day I heard about? Did I misunderstand. ASAP folks day three tomorrow.

You are fine if you go over. You should look at net carbs and generally people can be in ketosis between 20 and 50g per day.