Wondering if I messed up my BMI...

Options
2»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,151 Member
    Options
    Gotcha. I will, tho I'm cutting the peanut butter out of my breakfast for a while. To be blunt; I think with that, I'm eating TOO much.

That's the problem. It's either too much or not enough..Trying to find Goldilocks here. Not too much, not too little. That's the other problem ><. I'm hoping with the powder, I can make it JUST enough.

Are you not weighing and logging your food?

• maryadavies4667
    maryadavies4667 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Pav; Part of the problem is the bottle says a serving of peanut butter is 2 tablespoons. (180 calories for that) I noticed when I started weighing it for my sammwiches, I was often eating over! (That mail scale has been pretty faithful but I'd rather get it out of the kitchen.)

Also with the powder; since I wasn't making protein goal at all, I felt that was the best bang for my buck. I could spend 20 bucks at Dollar General and get enough canned meat for a week, or spend 20 bucks on the powder and have enough for a few months. That's how bad Dollar General's prices are on fewd ><. I mean, their milk costs double what it would at the Kroger 2-5 miles down the street, so I wouldn't buy it at Dollar General unless it's a emergency. (Bet the other dairy there is JUST as bad, price wise) Also the powder's 80 calories less per serving; my calorie allowance went down again. (Might of when I updated my goal.) And one more thing; me buying junk at Dollar General, like cookies and ice cream bars, contributed to this mess. I'd rather not give in to temptation. (Not to mention buying whole pints of ice cream at the nearby convenience store at a gas station..)

And we do have a Aldi's but it's over by the mall, which is even FURTHER away. Considering there's no sidewalks, I'd rather NOT try walking there. I'd proly get creamed.

And yes I'm weighing and logging. As I keep saying, I mean to check with the doctor too. Better to have this exactly right, and I need a flu shot too. So maybe I can combine the two.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Luckily even at my worst, I was eating 1200-1300 calories a day MINIMUM. If you saw the other thread tho, I'm also having trouble meeting my protein goals; unfortunately the peanut butter available isn't that high in protein for the calories. (7 grams of protein for 180 cals per 2 tablespoons)

Hence why I'm thinking, get the bleeping protein powder. I just special ordered it from Wal-Mart; either I'll have a certain brother take me so I can pick it up or I'll have the married brother pick it up for me.

But yeah, I'm going to adjust after I have a word with my doctor as it is, want to make sure I'm doing this right. ^^ Last thing I want is to get sick.

Dannon Light & Fit yogurt has 12g of protien and only 80 calories. The strawberry cheesecake one is really good!!!!

Also, as a treat (it tastes like a treat), Yasso Greek yogurt ice cream bars have 80-100 calories per bar and taste like actual ice cream: the pistachio one tastes pretty darn close to Ben & Jerry's pistachio pistachio. The sea salt & caramel one is also really good. Each bar has 5g of protien. So it's great for a little extra protien that's low in calories that tastes like a treat.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    I’ll join the communal sadness about peanut butter serving size and also echo Pav re: the goodness of beans and rice. For the money, I get tons more filling meals with beans and rice than with protein bars. Honestly, protein bars don’t keep me full at all. And I think they’re expensive for what you get. I do have protein powder I use on those odd days where I’m going to be way under on protein , but it’s not that often.