Healthy Snacks

Options
I am getting so bored with what am eating, I have been having salads at lunch and they just aren't cutting it anymore. Any suggestions for different lunches I can make at home and bring to work? Also, at night after dinner I am craving something sweet around 8 PM, any ideas?

:embarassed:

Replies

• Ressy
    Ressy Posts: 19
    Options
    I am getting so bored with what am eating, I have been having salads at lunch and they just aren't cutting it anymore. Any suggestions for different lunches I can make at home and bring to work? Also, at night after dinner I am craving something sweet around 8 PM, any ideas?

:embarassed:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I slice chicken breasts and cook them up with garlic and pepper. I put a half chicken breast in each baggie and freeze them. I ususlayy cook 6 or more at a time. Lunch is easy, I get some fruit, a lara bar and veggies and then grab my chicken from the freezer. That is lunch.

Left overs are always good too. Some left over brown rice or quinoa with the chicken is a very filling lunch!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    as for the evening sweets..how about fruit?
  • kimmaboo
    Options
    i eat at home but i dofrozen meals fro lunch but you could do sandwiches the delifresh meat is pretty good or you could do leftovers if you have a microwave. as far as snachies go i have the biggest loser trail corn sometimes it is popcorn cereal fruit and mini choco chips not alot of sweet but enough to do the trick or just a good ripe piece of fruit
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I steam broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Then I make some brown rice and grill some chicken in a little bit of EVOO. I cut the chicken in bit size pieces and I mix everything together, put it in a container and I have my lunch for the next day. It's very yummy! For a snack, I eat a banana with all natural peanut butter. Or a few turkey slices on 1 slice of whole wheat bread. I also do low fat cottage cheese with any fresh berries or pineapple.
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I also get fat free plain yogurt, add a bit of vanilla whey protein powder, slice up a few strawberries or half of banana, throw in some flaxseed. Delicious!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    For something sweet slice and freeze a banana then blend together with a little sugar free chocolate syrup and some milk. It's like a cholate banana milk shake or ice cream if you re-freeze it for a little while.
  • expressbug
    Options
    They make these new 100 calorie packs that are Reese flavored, I haven't had them but my son loves them. Its kinda like Chex mix accept it has reese pieces in it and peanut butter flavored things in it.

Its like a 100 calorie dessert. Yum
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've purchased 2 diet books so that I'm getting fresh menus. You can also go out to Cooking Light, Whole Foods Recipes online to get menu ideas. I find that you'll need at least one good health conscience reference/cook book on hand...
  • raelee
    raelee Posts: 10
    Options
    I do a tuna salad cup with whole wheat crackers and instead of a salad everytime, sometimes I just bring a handful of cherub tomatos and a mini cucumber or baby carrots.
    For dessert I like Skinny Cow, Skinny Dippers. Vanilla or Mint ice cream bar dipped in chocolate. Just 80 calories
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i too am trying to come up with new lunchy ideas. i am not bored, but i want to cook more instead of relying on frozen foods (sodium alert!).

i found a bunch of really great sounding casseroles on cookinglight.com i figure i could make one on a sunday night and have my lunch ready for a whole week! (this coming from the girl who ate nothing but fast food for 2+ years!!!)

for snacks, oh how i need them around 3-4 pm
    - apple or banana
    - light string cheese
    - some PB on my apple or banana if i know i have excercise calories
    - hand ful of almonds
    - breakfast bar
    - carrots
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    as for the evening sweets..how about fruit?

I eat frozen blueberries! Yummy! :flowerforyou:
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Fat free pudding w/a dollop of ff cool whip and a tablespoon of Kashi go Lean, yummo!:bigsmile:
  • tree_14
    Options
    WW Flour Tortilla,
    3 oz Turkey or Chicken Breast
    2 Tb Low Cal Mayo
    1 C Mixed Salad Greens
    1 oz Low Sodium/Low Fat Cheddar Cheese

Calories:228 Protein: 23g Carbs: 21g Fat: 10g
  • Ressy
    Ressy Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks to all! Your all awesome! So glad I found this site, I have been spreading the news and hoping all my friends join in!:bigsmile:
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Special K bars...honey nut! Yum, and only 90 calories.
    You can also make a smoothie out of frozen fruit (no sugar added), ice, OJ, skim milk, sweet-n-low. Very filling and lo-cal.