New here, tips on getting started PLEASE

Options
Just started today, got 50 lbs to lose. Trying not to beat myself up for getting this way, currently weighing the most I have in my life! Depression is my enemy!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You just have to eat less (and move more) - I think you already know that? What you might not know, or be aware of, is that you can do it any way you want. MFP tells you how much to eat to lose weight safely and effectively, you decide when and what to eat, and ultimately, whether to stick to the calorie target or not.

If you have mental or other medical issues, get professional help.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi! Hey...we all messed up in SOME way, that's why we are here. I lost 50 pounds here and then hit a time in my life when I was depressed, had anxiety issues and panic attacks. I have PTSD and OCD and ADD and...well, you name it. :) But here I am again, to lose the 20 pounds I gained over the last 3 years. It CAN be done if you want it badly enough. Eating well and exercising is one of the BEST ways to fight depression...ask me how I know. :)

I agree if you haven't seen someone about your depression, do so. It does help to at least talk about it.

You are here....you took the first step. May all your future steps be as productive!