Looking for encouragement to lose weight.

Options
Hi, I'm new on here, but serious about wanting to lose weight. I am 234lbs, but my goal is 175. My daughter is turning 5 Sept. 14th and starting pre k this week so I thought now is the time to focus on my goal. Looking for friends on here for encouragement. Add me if you wish to chat.

Replies

• MrRed90
    MrRed90 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Goodluck on your fitness journey! You can do it
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Idk, if you want to lose weight - you just said you're even serious about wanting it - you don't need encouragement for that. Or do you? Why would you want to stay overweight? You might not want to eat less (and move more)? We can provide encoragement for that. To lose weight, you have to eat less (and move more), but you just have to eat a little less, and you can eat anything you want, and if you exercise, you can do any exercise you want. OK? Set up your account properly with your stats, get that calorie target, use your food diary - you can prelog - and hit it every day, and you lose weight. Easy peasy.
  • otmano7
    otmano7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Work hard
  • ctma27
    ctma27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    New here too and I like the pre-log suggestion.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Give it your all
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Take it slow. Don't try to do too much too fast. Start with easy obtainable goals such as one pound a week. Once you get a feel for how you are doing with that you can adjust. There's nothing saying that if you set your goal at one you can't lose two or even more. But if you set a higher goal and fail it could set you back mentally.
    Early success is vital so set yourself up for success. And focus on the long term but from a high view of it. I.E. if you want to lose 50 pounds break it down into weekly, monthly, yearly targets.
    Also take it slow in the gym until you have a feel for how you respond both physically and mentally. Don't push yourself to the point of injury (Mentally or physically).
    Always as a professional for proper advice, such as your diet (where to set you calories).
    Plan for success and it will come, fail to plan and you might as well be planning to fail.
    You got this!
  • Tokye1
    Tokye1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can and will.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I find that when you hit bottom (like I did) you are ready to change your diet and your life. If you have hit that place, you will most likely succeed.

I am glad you didn't use the word "motivation"....only YOU can motivate you. Only YOU can put the food in your mouth. Only YOU can get up and move around. Only YOU can make the right choices for you.

Patience is always the watchword. If you realize you may only lose a pound a week and accept that, you will get to your goal. :)

Good luck in your journey...it will probably be one of the most rewarding you will ever take. Not only for yourself, but for your family.

• gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have met great friends here and so far I have lost 11 lb's It starts with you, but I do get encouragement when my friends like my diary and exercise posts on my wall. It makes me want to fight harder to inspire others to do the same. Add me if you like and best of luck! You can do this.