Need friends who are 40-50

Options
Hi,
I just came back to MFP (premium) because the other apps weren't working for me. I am starting over with a new acct and I would love to have friends on this journey who are in the same age bracket and understand the challenges :wink:
-Thanks!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm 48 - what challenges are you referring to?
  • reflectionofme
    reflectionofme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • lorenaballou
    lorenaballou Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Slower metabolism, joint and muscle aches that just aren't going away. I just can't go full throttle and expect to bounce back as easy as when I was in my 20-30's. Does that make sense? Last time I friended several members who I just couldn't identify with. Having a full time family/ job also affects my lifestyle. I hope that makes sense😊
  • kommodevaran
    Options

Slower metabolism, joint and muscle aches that just aren't going away. I just can't go full throttle and expect to bounce back as easy as when I was in my 20-30's. Does that make sense? Last time I friended several members who I just couldn't identify with. Having a full time family/ job also affects my lifestyle. I hope that makes sense😊
    How do you know your metabolism is slower?

I'm actually seeing a chiropractor for my back/neck/posture etc, this year, which should actually have been addressed seriously when I was a child. I do remember several feeble attempts with physical therapists, but no change happened. It's still somewhat painful, or sore/stiff, but soreness/stiffness is moving around, so something must be happening :/

I personally don't think family/job issues are more or less common at any particular age.
  • lorenaballou
    Options

I'm actually seeing a chiropractor for my back/neck/posture etc, this year, which should actually have been addressed seriously when I was a child. I do remember several feeble attempts with physical therapists, but no change happened. It's still somewhat painful, or sore/stiff, but soreness/stiffness is moving around, so something must be happening :/

I personally don't think family/job issues are more or less common at any particular age.

I don't know any 20-30 yr olds that have teens/adult children (one example), but I'm just going by my personal experiences---not out to prove to anyone. I've been here before and I know how I got here. Just thought I'd see if there were others who felt the same way. I love chiropractic therapy and I sincerely hope that it will help you <3
  • USCBMOM22
    USCBMOM22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I don't know any 20-30 yr olds that have teens/adult children (one example), but I'm just going by my personal experiences---not out to prove to anyone. I've been here before and I know how I got here. Just thought I'd see if there were others who felt the same way. I love chiropractic therapy and I sincerely hope that it will help you <3

I'm 51 and I get exactly what you are saying. I recently hit the big "M" and my metabolism tanked. Not an excuse for me to let things go, but definitely have to keep myself in check more than ever because it is way harder to lose weight now than it was 10 or 15 years ago. I just sent my youngest of four kids off to college, so I totally understand what you are saying about raising teens and working full-time and still finding time to take care of you. It's a challenge, but not impossible.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am 50. I started macro nutrition about a year ago and have lost 37 pounds. I wore a 14 or 16 and now wear an 8 or ten. I actually eat more now than I ever did, just better quality foods and striving to hit macro numbers. I also do CrossFit. I started at 2 days a week then went to three and now do four unless other obligations keep me. I work full time about an hour from home, so my days are long. I also do side jobs..photography, cleaning etc.

I know what you mean about not bouncing back or having aches and pains. I eased into this new lifestyle. When I see memories on my facebook page I will see stuff like I was wearing my knee brace for classes or my wrist is acting up, etc. I have a lot less pain. Discovered that I had an impinged shoulder, probably for a long time and have been working on building the strength in that one to match the good one.

I also know that I cannot get complacent and take extended breaks from the gym and macros. It is hard to get back to it. Oh my adult child started me at CrossFit. She doesn't go anymore and I am entering my second competition in October, lol.

• lorenaballou
    Options
    I am 50. I started macro nutrition about a year ago and have lost 37 pounds. I wore a 14 or 16 and now wear an 8 or ten. I actually eat more now than I ever did, just better quality foods and striving to hit macro numbers. I also do CrossFit. I started at 2 days a week then went to three and now do four unless other obligations keep me. I work full time about an hour from home, so my days are long. I also do side jobs..photography, cleaning etc.

I know what you mean about not bouncing back or having aches and pains. I eased into this new lifestyle. When I see memories on my facebook page I will see stuff like I was wearing my knee brace for classes or my wrist is acting up, etc. I have a lot less pain. Discovered that I had an impinged shoulder, probably for a long time and have been working on building the strength in that one to match the good one.

I also know that I cannot get complacent and take extended breaks from the gym and macros. It is hard to get back to it. Oh my adult child started me at CrossFit. She doesn't go anymore and I am entering my second competition in October, lol.

That is so inspiring and THANK YOU for sharing part of your journey! I have always admired people who do CrossFit, although I'm not sure if it's the right fit for me. However, group fitness is definitely something I want to return to and I really am intrigued to learn more about macro nutrition and how it works. I'll be checking that out!
  • kommodevaran
    Options

I'm not refusing you friends, and you can ask for anything - I just think that you're aiming too broad and too narrow at the same time. I understand that you'll have to be of a somewhat mature age to have adult children. But I, for instance, don't have children - and no job, either, for that matter - even though I fit the age bracket. Depending on what you're looking for, if you ask more direct questions, you will get more concrete, and maybe more satisfying, feedback.