If I cut back on my heavy drinking will I lose weight

Options
Hi everyone I'm looking for success stories and advice to motivate me to stop drinking so much. I'm trying to lose about 15 pounds so not exactly a lot. I'm a heavy drinker you could a pretty much a bottle of wine a night. I'm a healthy eater so I'm good to go with that. Any stories and motivation please would be great.

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help but if you are drinking a bottle of wine a night, you need more motivation than I could ever give. All I can do is wish you the best.
  • yukfoo
    yukfoo Posts: 871 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    have a look at this thread maybe you can find more appropriate support... Good luck
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10684971/less-alcohol-august-2018-one-day-at-a-time/p1

sorry for the double post
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    A bottle of wine is roughly 600 calories, depending on the varietal. So assuming you are maintaining your weight now (not on a gaining or losing trend), if you eliminate the wine and keep everything else the same, you could expect to lose 5 pounds per month and reach your goal in just under 3 months.
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yep stop drinking like a fish and you will be losing considerable calories. Your liver will thank you hehe